Thursday, September 24, 2009

Quick!!!

9-24-09

I feel like we did our good deed of the week last night. We went and got Brandy and one of her feral mama cat rescues and took them to the farm we took our rescue to last week. Don’t worry, we didn’t leave Brandy there, just the kitty. The lady, Stephanie, was actually there this time, which was great since she showed Ken and Brandy around. She told us next time to bring the kids out since they would love to see the animals. So true, since how often do the boys get to see turkeys and sheep and horses? Not often enough! She told us also that she has room for a few more feral mousers, so if we find anymore, we are good! Yay!

We so should have taken the boys to the LA County Fair, but I think we will do it next year. I think they will enjoy it more in a year. Plus, we can plan it out more instead of say just going there this weekend.

Tomorrow we are going out to the Big Wok (yum!) with George and Guinn and their grandson, I guess my first cousin removed, Scott. My mom called feeling all bad that realistically we were going pretty late for the boys, but the kids have proven to be pretty good with curve balls like that. Plus, there will be lots of people, so they will be fine. I will bring a bag of goodies, though, like toys and whatnot to keep them entertained. I figure that will be the safest plan.

Tonight I think we actually have nothing on tap. I would kind of like to go down and check on the kittens, and depending on if it is just as hot as it was yesterday, maybe some pool time since I think this weekend, maybe next, will be the last pool weekends before we take it down. Next weekend is Old Hometown Fair, so we will be there for some of that.

I somehow injured my neck. Yesterday afternoon, I got home, was pleasantly surprised with Ken’s affection greeting, and then got online for a bit before getting the boys. I don’t think it hurt until after the boys and I got home. They started in on a movie, and I played a bit more online, and then when we were about to leave, my neck felt all tense and sore. And not in the normal spot. It is more along the very back of my neck, not the sides like it normally hurts when you kink your neck. It is still sore, too. It seems to have gotten a smidge better, I think. I don’t know if I did it while on the computer since I might have turned wrong and really, it doesn’t take much sometimes to throw out your neck or back. Or, it was already injured in the afternoon delight and then just the computer play made it spasm. It hurts this morning, but I have not taken anything yet. I have a pile of Tylenol packets on my desk from the first aid kit, so I may need to bust some of those open.

I am rockin a new look this morning with my outfit. I will be curious to see if it works. So I think the reason people think I have looked dolled up is only due to wearing lipstick. Apparently that really pulls me together. This is my theory. Of course, when I got home yesterday, lipstick already gone, Ken thought I looked dressed up, too. I don’t understand. Today I am not as fancy pants, so perhaps it will be different.

This is the last day free of the boss. I am happy that I have a free day, but I really wished he had taken off tomorrow as well. He is going to be such a pill tomorrow since it is month end and he has been gone for 4 days.

Ok, I just took some Tylenol. Hopefully that helps the pain. I will consider using it as an excuse to go home, but realistically, I don’t think I need to. I have some chores that need to be done, and I am considering doing lunch with the hubby. We got a Chili’s gift card in the mail (it isn’t to us, but we have gotten one from them before) and perhaps Ken and I need to go to lunch today if he doesn’t have classes. We will see.

Why can’t today be tomorrow? It has been a long week.

It is probably good I don’t have any money since I have this desire to change my whole wardrobe into uber flowy and hippie like.

I have never actually seen James Dean act, and I feel as though that is not a good thing. I may need to find a copy of Rebel Without a Cause to see his performance. I am reading his Wiki page right now and I find it interesting that he really was not active for very long in Hollywood, maybe 5 years, and yet he was elevated to cult like status. What makes someone that beloved? Is it actually his skills as an actor? Was it his good looks? Or is it just because he died so young? My curiosity then goes to actors of today, and I wonder who will become that next legend. Sure, there are actors that are well liked and loved, but not many who get to be on shirts and mugs just because of a couple of prominent roles.

This is why Ken and I are meant to be together forever and ever. So I wrote about maybe doing lunch with him, right? I have not posted this, nor have I spoken to him this morning. He just texted me to see if I wanted to do lunch!!! How funny is that?????? So I may need to just cut out of here at noon. That way he and I can maybe hit up Chili’s or something and take our sweet time. Dude, full on Oonagi!

Yay! So I just talked to Ken. We are not going to Chili’s since he thought it would be a fun family night at some point, which is cool by me. He suggested something like Coco’s or even just simple like Carl’s Jr, which I am way game on. So I am leaving work around noon and he and I will go have ourselves some lunch, then go check on Bashful and Sleepy Girl to see how they are doing. So excited! It is one of those things that should probably make most women worry when their husband gets all attentive, because what is the motive, but Ken doesn’t tend to be that kind of dude. He is pretty straight forward and if he was cheating on me, I think I would know. If not, wow, I am an uber tard.

I have decided that the word fucktard makes me laugh.

Crap, I realize that by leaving early, my lunch time Yoville will be missed. I may need to do my online activities really quick right now so that when I walk out I am good to go.

No comments: