Wednesday, September 16, 2009

sickies

9-16-09

Happy Birthday, Doug!

I am more deeply in love with Obama than I have ever been. Agree with his politics, don’t agree, but you can’t deny the dude rocks. He already had me when he said so eloquently that he had screwed up on something. Then he romanced me with the fly killing. He clearly proposed to me last night with a big ass diamond ring. When he said that Kanye was a jackass, I knew it was time to go ahead and pack my bags and move in with him. Not that what he said wasn’t the obvious truth, but seriously, how often do you hear a president say something so truthful and honest and, let’s face it, not scripted? It was beautiful.

Yesterday afternoon was better than it could have been. Ken and Bobby arrived right before I was going to go get Dax. Ken told me he had a raging headache and had a fever. His stomach didn’t hurt or anything, but he felt awful. I went across to get Dax and was told that he had thrown up a couple times, one in the hour before I came to get him. He seemed ok, but a bit feverish. He didn’t eat much lunch, but Maria did say he yacked up quite a bit.

So I got into my uber mom mode and settled in on it being a rough night. I put cold wash cloths on Ken and let Dax watch whatever he wanted to. Bobby was super helpful in things I needed to have done. I cleaned the kitchen, sure that if I had to deal with vomit I needed all areas of my house clean. I took out trash, did the pans, made dinner for the boys (Ken felt good enough and had a desire for Taco Bell, so he ran out and got us that) and even made some brownies. I bathed the kids while Ken rested and all was going well.

Then I slid my bare foot on a piece of broken glass.

On Monday, Ken had broken a glass in the kitchen and swept it all up, but I have this tendency of finding that one piece with my foot, sometimes years later. Mind you, I found that one piece on Monday as well, but I now found a new piece in the hallway yesterday. And not just some little piece like the first one that practically fell out after the puncture. No, this one wedged. Ken had to do a little surgery on my foot. It bled tons, and even when we thought we had it out, it was not. I had to sit down for more. As Ken was poking, trying to find it carefully, Ittles opted to bump Ken’s arm. This made Ken stab me with the tweezers and I screamed. I actually burst into tears it hurt so much. However, even though that was awful and I did threaten Ittle’s life, she actually was a pretty skilled surgeon since in that little bump, it seemed to dislodge the glass and my foot was better.

The rest of the evening went smoother. Boys went to bed, and Dax did have a fever, so some meds and a glass of milk seemed to help and he was asleep. Bobby crashed quickly having not napped and he had a long adventure filled day with Daddy. Bobby also is enjoying his new roommate.

Lycos has decided that she wants to sleep in Bobby’s room. She had been venturing out of her crate at night, which is really fine as long as she doesn’t get into anything. Mostly she will go to her basket or just lie on the living room floor. With Bobby going through another phase of wanting somebody in his room at night (cat, person, whatever), we had sent the dog in there. Both dog and boy were quite happy with this arrangement. So the last couple nights when we told the dog to go to bed, instead of her trotting off to her crate, she went to Bobby’s room. So we just gave her dinner in there, and she happily slept in Bobby’s room. Everyone is happy!

Ken was up off and on through the night. I heard him and I kept trying to ignore it especially when he was just going to the bathroom or something like that. I really wanted to get some rest in case I was tagged in for vomit patrol or something like that. As it stands today, depending on how Dax feels this morning, I may need to go home with him. Ken has his home school class starting back up today. Of course, I did tell him to not take his sickly ways up there since with everyone worried about things like swine flu, I didn’t need him being patient zero in our circle of people. Knowing him, though, he will still go. Besides, he hasn’t visited evil Ralphs since last session.

I had colored my hair and this morning I trimmed the bangs, which helped a great deal. I am not sure about the color as is seems a little flat. I am sure once I spend some time in the sun, the shade will warm up a bit.

Depending on if I have to go home of course, work is going to be potentially dull again today. I am going to go all gung ho on my customers this morning, mostly just to keep busy.

Dax is ok, a little off, but nothing to worry about. Ken is still feeling horrible, but heading to the class. I have a training session in a bit and knew that I would be unable to write anymore.

No comments: