Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday

9-15-09

I should have known it was too good to be true. I have not really had a period in the last 2 months. I assumed it was the IUD actually getting me to that point. But now this morning I seem to have started, complete with some mild cramping. No big deal, really, but it is a little early. I wonder if my stress levels have played a part in this. Don’t know.

We picked up Mama and the earliest she can be released is Thursday since she needs to recover from surgery, still. I am glad the surgery part is done. One less thing to mess with.

On Sunday in my cleaning, I discovered the two lightsabors that we had that we were planning on giving the boys at some point. I think we just needed batteries, and I remembered that we had gotten some. So when they got up from naptime, they were presented with their very own lightsabors. Bobby was so excited. Dax liked his, but the thrill level wasn’t as high.

So last night they were playing with them. Bobby and Ken were dueling. Ken was so happy. They had a blast. However, when any of them were fighting with them, I was sure an injury was imminent. Sure enough. At some point, Bobby bopped himself pretty good on his forehead which resulted in a cut that bled pretty good. Nothing serious, but was a bummer. The plus was that once he got on a bandaid, he was ready to keep going.

Of course this meant the boys (I include Ken on this one) watched New Hope. I had asked everyone what was for dinner and Bobby decided on pizza, which was unusual for him, so we splurged on pizza. It was a good night!

I colored my hair last night. I used the medium brown, which made my hair look kind of like a good chocolate brown color. Unfortunately, the hair itself isn’t behaving this morning having been over conditioned as a result of my not using shampoo this morning in order to hold on to the color as long as possible. I may also need to trim my bangs tomorrow morning after my shower since that is some of my problem.

I am a little tired this morning. I slept well, I think. There were times I really needed to be less accommodating to Monarch, though. He has slept between my legs the last two nights, which although is uber cute, it isn’t exactly comfy at times. So I have to twist and turn around him. Luckily, he is usually pretty cool about this.

This evening we are going to my parent’s house. Although, I think my mom said something about being late tonight, so I may email her to see if that was the case.

The summer of death continues. Patrick Swayze lost his fight with pancreatic cancer last night. So very sad. I don’t just mean because he was a good actor. He just seemed like such a good soul and it is just such a horrid disease. Cancer. All kinds. I just read that the little old lady who was in a Scrubs episode (the one where JD stays with her as she dies because her kidney’s fail, Elliot loses a Spanish speaking patient, and Turk loses a cool kid that he bowls down the hall) that I really enjoyed has lung cancer. She was one of the lucky ones who actually beat it the first time, but now to have it again, well, you know that can’t be good. I now worry about folks like Elizabeth Edwards. I of course worry about people who are not just celebrities. Lyn, although cancer free right now, you never know. Heck, my MIL had the boob cancer. Cancer has taken too many people.

I have been tossing around in my head the idea of taking a second job. Kind of like a graveyard shift on say Friday or Saturday nights. That way I still can spend time with the boys on the weekends. Of course, I don’t know what is available, but something that might bring in a little extra money might be nice. I may need to start looking a bit.

Ok, mom has a meeting at 3, so it is possible she won’t be home till after 4. So I may not go tonight after all.

Doug’s birthday is tomorrow! I have a 40 year old brother! Holy cow!

Bobby is spending the day with Ken today. Ken has to take fliers to schools, and Bobby has been kind of out of sorts lately. It will be good for him to have some kind of one on one time with Daddy. I told Bobby last night that he and I need to go on a Bobby/Mommy date to Claim Jumper where we can split a chocolate chip calzone. Bobby told me he wanted to take Dax, too. So I think that is in our future. I feel like I need to spend more time with the boys on some things. Not just going through the motions. So maybe some easy outings like that would be fun.

I need to watch some Patrick Swayze flicks. Having never seen Red Dawn, that may be the plan.

I must be feeling desperate about things. First the second job consideration (which I have determined is probably a bad idea) and now I am thinking about the lap band?

Oh, Glee is AWESEOME!

Ok, read the lap band stuff again, not as cool as I remembered. I really should just buckle down. I have been good today. I had a turkey sandwich for breakfast, a small portion of lasagna for lunch. A 100 calorie pack of cookies, and water and gum. That’s it! Now if I can be good for dinner, something light, then this is a good thing. I wonder if I fasted for like 2 days if that would help me with the initial hunger issues.

I do feel like I need to start doing some stretches. I think my back wouldn’t hurt as much. Plus, I just sit on my ass all day. Not good for me.

No comments: