Friday, September 25, 2009

Kettle, kittens, dog and misc

9-25-09

I am back!

My afternoon was good. Ken seemed a little grumpy when I got home (yes, babe, you were) but he seemed better after a bit. We went to the Kettle, which was awesome since I had been craving a Chinese Chicken Salad for some time now.

After that we went down to the shelter to check on the kittens. Bashful wasn’t in the front, but Sleepy Girl was. We asked, and apparently Bashful was in recovery since they neutered him. He, and a handful of other kittens were heading over to the Valley facility for adoption since they have no kittens there. This means he stands a very good chance, especially since they already neutered him. Sleepy Girl is still under weight for her operation, and she remains at the Harbor facility. This is another weekend, so we will see how she fairs. When we were heading out, there was a lady looking for a kitten, so Ken tried to pimp her out a bit.

While we were there, we looked through the dogs since I am always on the lookout for a golden pup. Instead, I found an 11 month old yellow lab. He was a doll. No joke. Giant dog paws, which were freaking awesome. He was so sweet. There was a note on his cage (Rocky was his name) that said see someone, so we asked at the front. Apparently this was his second surrender. His first owner brought him there because he had destroyed his whole yard. The second owner complained about the same thing, including his tendency to mouth and tear up even a bbq. The girl owner was all bruised from his jumping up. Dude, the dog is 90 pounds, I am not shocked. And he had another probably 75 pounds to put on if he is pure lab. Truly, I think that his former owners just didn’t know how to handle a Marley dog. There was no training, no time spent, no real effort. This dog could be an awesome dog to have. We would have taken him, honest, but truly, we know we also don’t have the right amount of time. Plus, I don’t need a 90 pound dog mouthing my 3 year old and bruising the hell out of him. Although, we both agreed that Lycos would probably do most of the training since she would not tolerate any bullshit from some big dumb pup.

RIP Susan Atkins. I know you were a troubled soul that recognized the horrible things you did. I hope that now you can be released from those demons.

Bobby and I went in the pool where Ken and Dax joined us later. It was good since nothing tires out the children like a good swim. Plus, since it was so hot out, the cool water was nice.

I drank most of a beer. I am very proud of this since I can’t stand the stuff. I just want to. Not because I want to give up my rum and cokes since let’s face it, way better, but I like the idea of being able to tell someone to throw me a beer. Not that I am in a lot of situations in which I need to be able to do this, but I like to keep my options open.

I think my weekend is going to be good since there is nothing going on! Woo hoo! I have a few things to do, like take some books to this used book store, take out the desk, and maybe a handful of other things we can get rid of. I may need to bring home some boxes from work today so I can box up some more stuff, too. I think also we need to take some things to Chris so I can get it out of my entry way.

I want to wash my car when I get home.

The warranty department here is driving me to drink. And I don’t mean no stinking beer. I will want something way stronger. Maybe a few Zombies.

LOL!!!!!!! Adam Corolla just did his segment “This Week in Rage” and he mentioned the Manson Family. He points out that the chicks that Manson and Tex had around them were pretty damn hot 20 year olds, who were used to having these orgies and whatnot. This is what they did. It was a good time. So you know Charlie was crazy when instead of just staying at the ranch with his harem of hot chicks who were more than willing to get it on with him, he opted to go and have them stab people and be sent away for the rest of their lives. Clearly, he was not right in the head. I know, super bad, but super funny.

I have the desire to wear scarves more. I also have had the song San Francisco (wear flowers in your hair) in my head now for the last week. I have gone hippe for some reason. I need some long skirts!! I wonder if I can find some good fabric that Ken could maybe make me some. It isn’t like they have to be fancy. Just long, flowy, with an easy elastic band. Ok, that is my plan this weekend. Look for skirts. Of course, I need tank tops, too, but those are easier to come by.

I hate it when people feel the need to cc everyone and their mother when on things that don’t need it. Are they trying to get someone in trouble? Are they covering their own asses? This particular one, not a big deal, I emailed the guy who collected the COD amount to see if he already turned in the cash. He had, which is awesome, so I checked with the next person, the one who would have given me the paperwork to apply. I don’t keep copies of these since there is no need for me to. All she had to do was send me the copy (which she did) so I could then check with the next guy to see where he posted it after I turned it in. Instead, she cc’s her boss, my boss and some other folks. What the hell? My boss, first off, doesn’t care. He knows we will take care of it, and really, like he needs more freaking email. And if he does get involved, all he is going to do is forward me her email, despite the fact that I already have it, and ask me to follow up. Um, duh, that is what I am doing. Her boss is evil, so why include her? This is a quickie issue, a miscommunication that no one is angry about, so why escalate it? It just annoys me to no end.

Some lady birthed a baby that was 19.2 pounds! Holy hell!

What determines if you are ready to move in with someone? At what point do you give the special someone a key? Before the L word is uttered? After the I Do’s are exchanged? What is the correct answer or is it case by case?

When a convicted murder admits to the murder and the sentence is death, why don’t we just ship them off to their death that weekend? I don’t understand what the hold up is?

I won’t get into the Susan Atkins thing again, I just want to point out it isn’t Susan that is the only one punished here. I don’t think that she should not be punished for her role in the brutal slaying that happened 40 years ago. I am more frustrated with the system, which is why I probably another reason I don’t trust the death penalty. We can’t seem to do it right. Our entire punishment system is flawed, and it annoys me when they do it so wrong, and they then can’t correct themselves because it would be a political firestorm. With Susan they should have done one of the following:

Execute her right after the trial.

When her sentence was changed due to the Death Penalty going away-don’t dangle parole in front of her unless she really stands a chance for being a model prisoner. If you think her crime was so horrific that she warranted an original sentence of death, then just change it to life without a possibility of parole.

Why is it that George Michael can make me happy just when he sings?

No comments: