Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What the hell did I write about today?

9-2-09

Happy birthday Brandy!

I am super tired this morning. It probably didn’t help that the boys seemed to be up all night. So on top of my shoulder/neck still hurting, and it being 1000 degrees out, the pitter pat of kid and the slightly more angry stomping of the husband right after, all of the noises that would wake me up. I was also on codeine in order to be able to sleep, so it was not good being awake when I think I was asleep.

Dax is still limping a bit. His leg is itchy, too. But he is out of the cast. He wasn’t keen on walking most of the time, but he would get spurts of energy to do it himself. If you held his hand, he had less of a problem.

Two great things with no cast are that he now can wear underwear instead of pull-ups and that he was able to take a bath. He is pretty good with potty stuff, but of course he might have an accident, so we didn’t want any chances of pee going in his cast. Now that we can bath him easy, I can save the pull ups for night time.

Bath time is the best. They can self entertain themselves for a while, and they are quite happy. I was able to pack all their clothes for the trip, and all my clothes, and we were able to put their laundry away. Ken cleaned the kitchen and the desk, so I think we are very close to being ready for the trip.

I just spent 25 minutes on hold with KROQ. They were asking for callers for people who like this new song called Fireflies. It is super gay sounding. It reminds me of Death Cab and Erasure, so it is no wonder I enjoy the hell out of it. But they have gotten a lot of hate for it. So I emailed Bean and said that I loved the song but that I also loved Erasure so did I count. He emailed me back telling me to call in. They never came to me. Oh well. It was fun.

I always get so nervous when I call into KROQ. I don’t know why. It isn’t like it matters how lame I sound. I don’t have to be super articulate. I think it is stage fright. It is why I could never be a performer. If I wrote a book that was a best seller, it would be really hard for me to do press. And, I have a feeling that people would not want to read the book after listening to me stammer on Good Day LA.

I always say I would love to just sit down and talk with Kevin Smith or Quentin Tarrentino or someone like that, but in reality, I would die. I met Chris Knight once at Blockbuster and I made a complete ass of myself. He was signing up for an account, and I was giggling and whispering to one of my coworkers as I went through the process. Luckily, he was a total sweetheart. He said loudly that I wasn’t being subtle, but was laughing when he said it. I didn’t chat with him much, but I felt like such a fool. He could have been a total ass, but instead, he was just happy that I was a fan. Mind you, I never even watched the Brady Bunch. And this was years before I watched him on Surreal Life. Yet I was an idiot. It would be in everyone’s best interest that I am not around celebrities, despite how much I obsess on them.

MaryAnn asked me if I was ok. Apparently I have not been myself. There is truth to this, but I just told her I have been tired. I don’t know that I want to explain to her that I find her annoying right now.

Susan Atkins is up for parole today. As much as it is unpopular, I am keeping my fingers crossed for her.

Apparently Maria offered to pull back Bobby’s hair for him yesterday since it was so hot. He snipped at her and told her that he was a boy and boys don’t pull their hair back. Odd. I am getting a little concerned that my dad’s teasing it taking its toll.

As a customer, don’t you realize when you get snippy with your vendor that it only hurts you. This customer just left a message indicating she had not received this invoice. No worries. So I can fax it. But she gets all uppity on the voicemail, like that I had denied her the invoice or that it was my fault. Dude, I can send you a copy, but don’t be a bitch about it. Especially when you want it quickly. I can guarantee you, I am way more inclined to fax it this afternoon rather than right away like I normally do.

Sigh. I don’t know why I bother.

Poor Dax. Apparently he was just standing, and his knee gave out and he collapsed. Ken said it was concerning since perhaps his leg isn’t all better. Dax pointed to the exact spot of his break as to where it hurts. Of course, he has been like a monkey on that, always pointing to that even if his toe hurts. He knows it get sympathy. He managed to get back up and he expressed desire to go to Maria’s, so he was fine, but there is the concern that he is walking too soon. I am wondering if we should put back on the little knee brace he had on right after it broke. It is going to take some time for the muscles to heal, and according to the x-ray, it is healed, but is it maybe not as healed as it could be?

I bored.

People have been approaching me asking me if I am ok. Asking if I am lonely. I guess I am not my normal self. I explained to Vyerah that I was just in my little bubble for right now but that I would come out soon. It is nice to know people care.

I forgot my tortillas at home that go with my lunch. So lame! Luckily, Ken is bringing me some. My tortilla savior!

There was some talk of leaving as soon as tomorrow. The question is, when do we leave? I am actually considering leaving as soon as I get home from work. We can drive at a leisurely pace. Of course, it mostly depends on Ken, since he is the driver.

I heard a nice thing said about me today. Vyerah told me that Vicki told her that I could do anything even in my sleep when it came to stuff around here. So nice!

I really need to get on a better diet. Random inspiration has hit me in the last few days, and despite eating like a pig the last two days, I think I am feeling motivated. I need to cut portions. That is my plan. I think tonight I will make Hamburger helper because I know how many servings are in a box, and I can eat only one serving. It will help that it is so hot out as my appetite isn’t as great. It will take about a week to get used to smaller portions. Then I should be good to go.

No comments: