Friday, September 11, 2009

whole lot of chatter

9-11-09

Is it bad that I have the desire to back the Obama health plan because I am so tired of the childish yelling being done by people who don’t? Look, I don’t know how I feel, but can’t we all act like grownups????

I could do the standard post of where was I 8 years ago, but I opt to just give a respectful moment of silence and wonder sadly what 9/11 moment my children will inevitably have at some point.

My morning has been busy thus far, and full of annoying at folks who don’t do their job correctly. Especially folks who make more money than me. The boss forwards me an email at 6 am (from home mind you) asking me if we got the wire for an order. Does he bother to tell me for what customer? Oh, and the email he forwarded came from several people, multiple emails, none of whom felt it necessary to put the customer info in the email, or at the very least on the subject line.

Then, the next in command after the boss calls me just now to ask me about this credit line I updated. He then proceeds to tell me not to release the order associated with it. Sadly, I had just done so. He tells me he is working on the account and they can’t have the order. Mind you, there are no notes ANYWHERE on the account indicating this. So this clearly is my fault for having released it, right? Sheesh.

Went to Target last night and was pleasantly surprised at the number of Skelanimals merchandise, including most of it being Dax, the dead puppy Skeleanimal. I have a large figure of Dax in Dax’s room, but this was a lot of stuff. The shirts, unfortunately are too pink for my son, and too small for my enormous boobs. But the toys and Halloween stuff (including a Dax costume!!!) are freaking awesome. Ken assured me when we get money next week I can stock up on Dax merchandise. Woo hoo!

I had planned on being the Octomom for Halloween, but maybe I need to be Dax?

I didn’t get hair color, but mostly because none of the colors inspired me. So I think this weekend I will bust out the brown color. I also was being practical since really, why buy hair color if I already have some? Besides, I splurged on my Dax keychain and People Magazine.

I also did not pick up the purse that I wanted. I had been looking for a new purse for some time. My current purse, although cute, isn’t practical in anyway shape or form. Although, for a quickie replacement purse from the last one, it has held up surprisingly well. The new one I found has zero personality, but that could be fixed with various buttons or key chains. It is $14, and I know, not a lot of cash, but when you are trying to make sure you don’t go crazy on things, that is like $140.

Mama cat is going to the clinic this morning and getting cut open. This means at some point probably on Sunday, after she recovers a bit, we will take her to her new home. Woo hoo!

Tomorrow I will probably swing by the shelter on my way to Stephanie’s to check on my remaining 4 babies. I will check them online, too.

Grammie sold her house and escrow closes on the 22nd, which means we need to get out to her house ASAP. I am thinking we should go this weekend, but I don’t see it happening. She has a bedroom set that is on loan to her from me. It was my mom’s when she was 16. I have the bed, but the dresser and perhaps a couple of night stands are still there. Also, I would love to check out anything else she is getting rid of since who knows, maybe there is something there we can use. She has two recliners which match our couch, and are practically brand new. She wants to get rid of just about everything. So maybe I will send Ken out on Monday and have him check it all out.

Sunday we will see her as we are meeting her with my folks for lunch at Don Jose’s for my dad’s b-day. I am sure we can figure something out.

Bobby will not be playing soccer this year. I emailed the commissioner yesterday and she told me Bobby had 4 kids in front of him, and that they would be put on a team only after the opening weekend if there were drop outs. I don’t want Bobby to do soccer if he didn’t get to do practice on the first day, so I told them thank you and we will just sign him up early next year. Not a big deal, really. Maybe I will sign him up for something else for now. I can talk to my folks.

Dax now knows the chorus for American Pie. Very exciting. I played Revolution last night for Bobby, and he rocked out as I sang. He was picking up on some of the lyrics, so I think with a bit of time, he will remember. Dax has been hearing American Pie since he was an infant, and like daily, so I am not shocked he remembers as much as he does (including a lot of the first verse, and half of the second).

I have a busy weekend! This afternoon, I am taking the boys to my folks for a bit. Then I am dropping them off and heading over to Brandy’s for some overdue girl time. Tomorrow, I have some housework and laundry, and then the boys and I are going to Stephanie’s to see her new place, and for the boys to give Sabrina her birthday present. Sunday, yes I think we are bowling, but as I have said, this may be the last one for a bit. Then we go to Don Jose’s, and Ken has a birthday party, so I think the afternoon for us will be maybe out in the pool. Don’t know yet.

I think I need to get my hair trimmed, but specifically I think I want it to be undercut. I used to have it like that, but then with my hair had grown out so long, the hair was not like that. But when I had it short or even this length, it was nice when it curled good. Now, it curls out weird sometimes, so I think the right cut would help that. It wouldn’t make it too much shorter, either, but I think just a nice trim would be the pampering I am in desperate need of.

I know the boss is up early today, and since he was emailing last around 7, I know he is due in by 8. Bleah. So I am waiting for the man to drive up.

I spoke to the facilities manager yesterday right as I was leaving. He was taking inventory of what we have over here. He was doing the preliminary checks on us moving. He was not happy about this move. He agrees it is a waste of money and resources, and gives us all less room, plus, takes away room for growth. They are putting the employees from 2 other buildings into the one they want to move us into. That makes sense since those buildings are going away. The one I am in right now? Not going anywhere. In fact, they just signed a lease for another 6 years. So why move us? Especially when they also want to move upstairs folks, and there is no room. The whole point is to move our CFO (my boss’s boss) over there, yet if the upstairs accounting folks don’t move, then he can’t, so why move us????? Sigh. Plus, the facilities manager was pointing out that we would probably not be able to bring all of our printers and faxes. So all the money spent on this equipment in the last 5 years was a waste. Our productivity had been set up so that we had everything at our fingertips. Yet now, they are going to take that away. It isn’t a huge deal, at least not to me, but I know people will complain. Hell, I have reports to print weekly, and waiting for others on the printer will piss me off. Actually, it was determined that I print the most (ironic being that I have the least amount of paperwork on my desk, but since I have to sign a lot of stuff sent to me in email, I print stuff out and scan it back all the time) so it is possible they will make it work where at the very least I can keep my printer. I don’t need the fax machine. I can share that. So we will see. Not sure when it will happen. Maybe they will come to their senses. Hell, maybe we will be phase 3 of the move so that when they realize they don’t have enough room, they will not do it. My boss is pushing the move, but I am sure it is because he will probably get an office out of the deal.

Dax is not happy. He had become accustomed to a certain level of pampering that comes with a broken leg. Since he got his cast off, his privileges have been slowly diminishing. One of the perks was he was once again allowed to have a cup of milk in bed. We had been bad parents letting them both do this for too long, and had made excellent progress weaning them off the habit when Dax broke his leg. The kid was uncomfortable at night, and seriously, I would rather give him a cup of milk if it soothes him then the OxyCodone they prescribed him. In addition to him getting milk when his leg was broke, while we were at the Compound, we let them take a cup to bed while they listened to a story from guest readers (including a rousing rendition of Everyone Poops by Grandma). So when we got home, the milk was not going to be flowing as freely. They have a glass of milk when they watch the final show at night, and sometimes they both ask for one last shot after their story, which I am fine with. Bobby has mostly turned to water as his drink of choice for the bedtime drink. Dax, last night, felt that he was owed not only one last cup of milk in the kitchen, but he demanded, and rather loudly, “I want milk with a lid in here!!!” Well, he knows what he wants. This tantrum lasted until after midnight. I don’t know when he stopped as I finally fell asleep. I am sure when Ken calls in a few minutes I will get the scoop.

Both the boys are getting so grown up. Yesterday on the way to Target, they started to argue about whether or not a Taxi Cab can be Bumblebee from Transformers. They shouted back and forth, Bug Light style, until I told them to stop arguing. This then resulted in this calm and rational conversation between them.

Bobby- Dax, it is a yellow car that is a taxi cab, so it isn’t Bumblebee
Dax- Ok, Ok, Bobby. But I want to pretend that it is Bumblebee.
Bobby- Ok, Dax, that is ok.

Awesome!

Ok, so Mama is not actually getting cut open today. When Ken made the appt, they misunderstood that she was coming in for a doc appt, but she actually is just a feral spay, so Ken has to call back in a bit and make a different appt, which may not happen until next week, so we will see. I don’t know their hours, so maybe tomorrow?

I just talked to Bobby on the phone. I love that I can do that now. He told me he was getting dressed and so I told him that it would be hot today, so he is changing his outfit. Love hearing his voice.

Dax fell asleep at some point, but even Ken turned on his iPod and tuned him out since really, Dax was just tantuming. He wasn’t hurt. He wasn’t injured, he was in no danger, so he needed to scream it out. I love how pissed he gets. He will do this quick scream burst. Like a HEY! It sounds like a lion roar. He was doing this in the car at one point on the way home from up north. As he did it, you couldn’t help but laugh. Which of course prompted Bobby to laugh with each of Dax’s outbursts. All three of us laughing at the 3 year old’s tantrum did not sit well with Dax, but he did calm down. Of course, he started up again at one point, to which Bobby declares, “Mom, he’s doing it again.” We laughed even harder.

I downloaded a bunch of articles to read and have not had a chance to read any of them. I guess I should do that!

I am so going straight to hell because I cried from laugher on this.

Some called on KROQ just asked if it was too soon to refer to the late DJ AM as DJ PM. Oh. My. God. So wrong, but yet so freaking funny.

I accept your scorn.

Ok, then they went into Kurt Cobain jokes. They are killing me! Apparently you can choose to be Kurt in Guitar Hero. So Bean says, but how does he sing with no mouth. Ralph then comes back with, oh, no, this was before the buckshot facial. Seriously, it is horrible, but I had to run to the bathroom because I was afraid I would pee my pants.

I am pleased to report that Target carries the costumes the boys want. There is a Bumblebee and Optimus Prime, and for pretty damn cheap. They were $13 a piece, so not bad. We didn’t get them yet, but we will pick them up Monday after Ken gets paid for the party. Ken declared that he had found his costume and brought it over to me. I almost died. I assured him it was in his best interest to not be that as I didn’t know that I could ever sleep with him again after picturing him as this. He wanted to be the Burger King King. Nooooooooooooo!!!!

Crazy morning. Sales guys just don’t understand that we can’t just release an order for half a million dollars on a hunch. Seriously. This customer had this giant order, and claimed they had made a wire transfer payment. So we told them we needed confirmation from our bank to say it came in before we could release the order. You would have thought we told them Santa Claus didn’t exist. Everyone was up in arms and acting the fool. We finally got confirmation and the order was released. Sheesh. I still have another order I need to wait on the boss to approve. He calls me after I sent him the email with a packet of paperwork that included the credit report and a copy of the order. He then proceeds to ask me for a copy of the order. No joke. He happens to come by my desk then and I point out that I have the packet in the flesh right there on my desk. So I handed it to him and he asks me if I have a full copy of the credit report. No, only pages 1 4 and 7, jackass. What the hell??? I have been here damn near 9 years and he has entrusted me to update files and I have a higher amount I can authorize than most, and yet he still asks me if I did a basic thing??? He really is a twit. Once that order is ok, I am hoping for smooth sailing this afternoon. I read my articles and now am truly just twiddling my thumbs.

Boss’s boss sounds like he is on the grounds. Not sure what to do with that, yet. He chats it up with everyone but me. He mostly chats with Vicki, but he talks to others, too. He never makes it down to my corner. Tammy got the cold shoulder, too. Hence why I still worry about my job since he doesn’t care for me, much. Good thing I am so valuable.

Ok, the two giant orders are gone. Things have calmed down. The boss keeps sending me things via email with no detail on what account they are and expecting me to decipher. It is getting kind of old. I don’t want to have to think for him. I have a hard enough time thinking for myself.

No comments: