Monday, September 21, 2009

I love Neil Patrick Harris

9-21-09

Busy weekend behind us. I need a day off to sleep.

Saturday we drove out to Riverside to help Grammie move. Wow. I knew she wasn’t normally organized for this sort of thing, but I was genuinely shocked at how little she had done. If you walked in there, you would not have known that she needed to be out by tomorrow. A few things were boxed up, but not much. Now, there were movers coming to get the big stuff, but I am guessing that they don’t box up things like your knick knacks and books.

We loaded up all her boxes of yarn, some things from her fridge, and other random things, along with our dresser and night stands into our cars and headed to her new place. It wasn’t too far away, just over in Corona. Her new place is cute. It is a rental, and knowing her, she will move out of this place within 2 years so the move will be on again sooner than we think.

Matt had a fit. For some reason this weekend, he was in angry, psycho mode. I don’t even know what set him off most times since I was really only privy to the explosion not the ignition. On Saturday, I guess Ken was concerned that some box lids would fly off in the back of the truck so he was getting them prepped. This pissed off Matt who feels that Ken didn’t know what he was talking about. So he screamed, he cursed, he was downright scary. He made snide remarks the rest of the morning, and my dad even said he was arguing with him on the drive over.

On Sunday, he was out of control. I don’t know the initial argument blow up, but he was screaming that Ken knew nothing about nothing (his words) and that he was a mother fucker. Mind you, the ENTIRE bowling alley heard this based on how loud he was yelling. It was out of control. Ken didn’t provoke him, and never argued with him on anything (per my request), so Matt was blowing up when anyone just disagreed with him. At one point, he put the lid on Bobby’s little container of policemen figures. Bobby was upset because in his eyes, it was the wrong lid. Yet Matt kept saying Bobby was wrong. Me, knowing this is a 4 year old, and you pick your battles, I told Matt to give me the container so I could just put the other lid on. Matt shoved it roughly into my arms and called me a mo fo, and was a total ass. He was screaming about everything. My parents started charging him $20 for every outburst (money is the only thing that he responds to), and he would follow up with saying that they would never get it. Yes, it was like he had snapped. By Ken’s calculations, he owed something like $300 or more. Yie!

And with that, we are not going bowling this coming Sunday. I don’t need the boys subjected to this behavior. Especially since he, in my eyes, is a danger to my kids. He throws things, he breaks things, he is wild. He keeps being too rough with the boys as it is, and if one of them sets him off, I don’t need my kids getting hurt. So no bowling. I have decided. We are going to my parent’s house on Friday since my Aunt and Uncle are going to be there. I don’t know if I am going at all this week. The boys love to go, so really, it isn’t like that is too big a deal. Right now, I just feel like I should not let them be around him, and to some degree, I don’t want Ken around him since Ken seems to be part of what is setting him off. Ken can hold his own, so I am not worried about him, but my main concern is making sure my boys are kept away from crazy.

The afternoons were spent in the pool and out back. Ken set up the water slide for them yesterday which allowed them to slide down for some time. We also played in the pool itself, and I could tell this would be one of the last weekends. Even though it was kind of hot out, it almost wasn’t hot enough to be in the pool. Yay fall!

Last night was the scary night.

The boys were playing in the tub, Ken and I in the other room. They were having tons of fun. They did manage to pour a bunch of shampoo into the water, but that is minor. Ken came out after discovering this and tells me we will need more shampoo. I just had to see this, and I went into the bathroom. Bobby was holding his finger, telling me he had a boo boo, but he looked shaky. I saw then at this point that he was holding our razor. His finger was covered in blood, which in my eyes was EVERYWHERE.

I yelled out. I don’t even know what I said. I got the razor away and Ken came running in. Ken took Bobby while I stayed with Dax, who was surprisingly calm during all of this. Dax put away the toys and was all sweet and charming even though I kept leaving him to check on Bobby.

Bobby got faint. It was a decent amount of blood loss. It was a straight slice at the bend in his index finger. No real damage, just one of those ones that bleeds for days and hurts like hell. The paper cut on steroids. Bobby got a little faint. Ken had to lie him down.

Bleeding stopped and a bandaid and Neosporin later, he was fine. Clearly wiped out from the whole ordeal since he about fell asleep during story time. He also had not napped and played in the sun and water, but I think the final blow was this event which crashed him out hard.

I was not as calm as I would have liked to have been. However, most of that was because Ken kind of took charge, which makes it harder for me to know what to do. I had this desire to mother the kid, but he didn’t need both of us there. It wasn’t that huge of an injury. So it was hard to know what to do at times. Can’t leave the other kid hanging, but I needed to tend to the injured one. Actually, the injury itself wasn’t even that bad. Mind you, the kid ate a lightbulb once and managed to fall out of a shopping cart on his head. This was minor compared. Plus, um, hello, other kid had a broken leg just a couple months ago. I can deal with big injuries. I just don’t like lack of control.

On happy news, the new dresser is awesome. I had forgotten this is the one that was in my parent’s room when I was growing up. It brought back some memories. It is great, too, that it has like a million drawers (it is quite large). So now there is tons of room for all of Dax’s clothing. All kinds of good. And it looks pretty good in there. We also changed out the two night stands in both their rooms for the night stands that actually go with the dresser. The old ones, which Granddaddy built, will be stored in the garage. The old dresser/changing table/desk thing that was in Dax’s room will go out on the curb. No attachment to it really.

The boss is out this week, returning on Friday. I didn’t know this until we got the email he had sent late Friday. The big boss is out until Wednesday, so today and tomorrow will be loud.

Bobby’s urologist appointment was moved from this morning to this afternoon, which means I get to go. I didn’t take the morning off to go since I didn’t know that I needed to be there as much as Ken does. This is all concerning how he pees crooked, and let’s face it, I don’t have the same equipment so I don’t fully understand the concern Ken has for him. To me, it is a minor inconvenience and Bobby seems to be ok with it and does quite well. Ken is worried about future issues. I just don’t like him being uncomfortable. He had issues with his circumcision, so that had him spooked from anyone messing around down there (doctors, if we needed to clean him when he was younger). So now, a new doc is going to poke, which I would imagine is not going to go over well. I guess it is good Dax and I will be there for moral support for Bobby, so that is good. Who knows, maybe tonight is a McDonald’s night so that we can cheer him up for being violated.

I don’t feel well right now. Cramps have kicked in at full force and the craziness that is my period this month is being annoying. Actually was a little faint in the bathroom.

I am actually considering reading a magazine at my desk. I figure it will make my day go by quicker.

Lucky for me, the day just picked up.

Look, I may slack at times when at work, but fuck you if you think I ignored an email as simple as looking to apply credits to invoices. And fuck you, mr. sales rep who leaves me a fucking message saying, “look, I know we all are busy, but…”. Fuck you. I pulled up this customer’s file (btw, I keep EVERY customer email) and the last email I have from her is from April. I call sales rep back, who happened to still be there and I talked to her and told her I didn’t have anything. She still pretty much didn’t believe me because she says it went through. Look, we have ALL sent emails that didn’t make it. It fucking happens. Hell, maybe it came up as SPAM, or maybe the name was off by one letter or who fucking knows. It happens. Don’t assume I am ignoring you when I have never done so. Plus, how about a phone call to me from the customer instead of telling on me. What the fuck?? I am a little sensitive being lumped in with the masses of idiots that populate the work force.

So apparently our move to the other building is happening even sooner than I was told. 2 weeks or so. The cubes are in fact same size, if not slightly larger, without the desk, I have been told they are about one and a half of our current desks. I have not been over there, so who knows. No windows anywhere, which is fine, I guess. Not ideal, but what is? They are still giving us all our own printers and fax machines, which seems very wasteful since currently everyone shares with another person (I don’t, but that is only because Tammy is gone). The funniest part is that this move is pointless other than the fact that the boss gets a real office. Yeah, cause that is what he needed. Apparently he was office hungry and is not considering the idea that there is no reason what-so-ever for us to move. No one else in this building is moving. No kidding. So they have us spending time and money and productivity on an unnecessary move. I am kind of amused that the big boss has to move, since he is creepy close with the upstairs staff. So maybe now he will bond with us because we are closer. I don’t really want it, but it makes me laugh.

The whisper sisters just headed over to check it out. I kind of wish they had asked me. Oh well.

Now, members of my own department are transferring me calls that are not mine. Lovely. No one checks to see if something is correct, they just transfer, assuming it is mine. It drives me crazy. It is a lack of professionalism that just irks me. Like on order release. If someone calls to get something released, don’t you go ahead and just check it and release if it looks ok? I do. No need to transfer unless there is something wrong. Yet this broad transfers me a call when the account is obviously inactive. So maybe you get the order number first. When I talked to the guy, turned out he gave the wrong number and it belongs to someone else. Sheesh.

I must be PMSing, which I have not done this bad in a while. I am cranky and annoyed at everything.

On a positive note, another kitten was adopted out. That leaves Bashful and Sleepy. I am going to check them at lunch to see if either of them got adopted in the last couple hours of the shelter being open yesterday. With only 2 left, it means if we need to spring em, it will only be $100 since they are considered buddies (2 for 1 pricing). Not that we need additional cats running around my house, but at least I know I can get them out and list them in the paper or something like that. The good news about them being in the shelter is that we know whoever takes them, they will be spayed/neutered. Always a good thing.

Ok, I don’t watch the show Jon & Kate plus 8. I have watched a few times back in the day, and I mostly found it annoying. I don’t care for her, and he looked like a kicked puppy. Of course now, both of them look like annoying a-holes. But I was just reading about how in her week of guest hosting the view, Kate didn’t get off 100% easy. Whoopi, who I think is awesome for taking the side no one wants to take publicly (same reason I loved me some Rosie on the View), actually told Kate she was wrong. Kate had gone over to Jon’s house when it was his custody time. Cops were called, all kinds of press, but really, she had no reason to be there unless she truly felt the kids were in danger, and if that is the case, don’t you call the cops? Whoopi pointed out Kate could have gone to jail just for objecting to some babysitter over there (Jon was still there!). Isn’t that worse? I won’t go into all of this right now, but I may need to visit the topic of custody. It is interesting. Like who is to say you can’t go visit your kids when you want to? And why wouldn’t you let your kids see their dad, no matter how you feel about him? Hell, if it is only because you can’t stand the creep, you kind of have to set that aside for your kids. If he is good with them, then stop your belly aching. Of course, it is easier said than done. I would be curious to talk to folks about it.

Hmm..I know there are a million of them, but part of me wants to start a parents site. Not a mommy site. A parent’s site. Get more points of view. Make it dad friendly. Make it kind of alternative. Café Mom is nice, but it is maybe too much like MySpace. Maybe we need something with more articles that are opinions on things. Rate stuff. I just need to come up with the nitch that will make us better than say Parenting.com. I don’t know that I have it just yet. Maybe just something for South Bay?

Clearly I am looking for some kind of an outlet and have just not found one yet. It will come to me eventually.

So the boys have a new favorite show. LazyTown. Very creepy little show, although the main good guy is a bit of eye candy, so that is ok. But there is the creepy factor of the idea that clearly he and the 14 year old star are doing it secretly. He is like 40. Now, when I was 14, that would have been fine since I love me some older men, but looking at it from this angle? Something about it yells for Chris Hansen. If only I had the tech skills to intertwine LazyTown footage in with his segments.

The boys have been dance crazy lately, so perhaps it is time to start saving up for another Baby Loves Disco outing.

No comments: