Friday, September 18, 2009

Today

9-18-09

I sent Ken the text yesterday morning to see how he felt and within 15 minutes I was driving home to take the boys to the museum. I came in and they were all in Bobby’s room. I was in the doorway and Ken waived me away. So I quickly hid (which isn’t easy with nosy kids in a small house). Ken came and told me they actually had been rather bratty. Crap. So my surprise might be rewarding crappy behavior! But, apparently, after my text, Ken had told them if they behaved that a surprise would be revealed. This meant I had to hide for about 40 minutes while the boys watched some Spongebob and Ken showered. I managed to make sandwiches for all 4 of us, got snacks and stuff all in a bag. I then snuck out back and up to the car where I waited for the boys to go to Maria’s.

They walked out on the porch. I watched them see my car and look confused. Then I opened the automatic door, and they still looked excited, but even more confused. I got out of the car and they were jazzed. I told them to climb in and they were not sure what was up, but they were happy.

We headed to the museum a bit early, but we wandered the museum campus for a bit. We walked up to the air and space museum and were excited to note that it was part of the science center, so therefore, probably also free. We went to the main museum first, and got in right ahead of a field trip. It was actually a good timing. The boys mostly had the place to themselves at times.

Truly, the exhibits were for kids older. But they enjoyed a lot of them. One display was a guy where you could see his guts and you pushed buttons to show the digestion process. One of the steps resulted in the guy burping, which amused them endlessly. Dax and Bobby both told me last night that was one of their favorite things.

They liked the baby chicks, one of my personal favs as a kid. One had just hatched, and promptly crapped this nasty sticky green stuff, which of course cracked them up. Yes, I truly am the mother of two boys.

We went through the fetus room, and they were very curious about all of that. The picture at the end of the slime and blood covered baby confused Bobby who wanted to know if it was ok if the baby was so messy.

We wandered the whole museum, and then stopped and had lunch. I had not had a peanut butter and honey sandwich in ages. It was great! We then walked up to the air museum, and that place was empty. There were like 4 workers, and us. They liked that, too. There was this paper airplane launcher thing they liked, and a simulator where you flew a plane that was like a hang glider. It was nearing 1 and Dax was clearly spent. So we headed on home.

Dax fell asleep on the couch since we had quiet time instead of nap since I was taking them to my folks around 3. It was hard to wake him up, he was that tired.

They were both still tired last night, and after polishing off two giant pancakes each, they crashed pretty easily.

I didn’t sleep as well. I could not get comfortable, and every time I did, I would wake up with a start, as if I had forgotten something or that the alarm didn’t go off. Ken was snoring a bit, but I don’t think that kept me up. I can’t even really sleep in much tomorrow morning since we are heading over to Grammie’s early. We leave at like 8, so I need to get up and ready to move at 7. When I get home this afternoon, I have more cleaning to do. Ken was going to clean the house for me yesterday when I changed his plans with the museum stuff.

I need to do a Target run this weekend, too. The boys need toothpaste and we need a couple other things including their costumes (I don’t want them to sell out). I don’t think the weekend is going to be spent doing much in terms of going places so on Sunday I can buckle down and do the organizing I need to get done.

Being out one day did not put me behind. Of course, when I was out 6 months I was able to catch up on email in about 2 hours, so really 8 hours is nothing. I have a couple of headache items today, but we are hoping on a quick day since I have more to do at home that I want to get to.

I wish I liked the Office. I may need to rent the first season or something and rewatch it to see if I just missed something. It is one of those shows where the cast is awesome, and I have heard funny stuff, so it seems like it should be good. I did not care for the Ricky Gervais one. I love him, though. There are some shows that people watch that are wildly successful and well loved, and yet I can’t get behind them. Seinfeld. Holy crap bad. Everyone Love Raymond. The previews are all you need to see. Ken and I talked about watching old episodes of Two and a Half Men, but I have a feeling I will also not like it. How I Met Your Mother, I am shocked at how much I love it. Then again, it is one I kind of figured I would love, so maybe that is why.

Seriously, the line in the last HIMYM that Ted says to his future sister in law who is a Vegan left me in stitches.

Ted: The lamb here is supposed to be great.Nora: I am a vegan. I wish I could tune out that moral voice inside me that says eating animals is murder. But, I guess I'm just not as strong as you are.Ted: That's 'cause you need protein

Come on! That cracked me up!!

So I guess Matt is coming with us to Grammie’s. I am not sure how I feel about this, but on the plus side, he has to be on his best behavior since I can bitch his ass out if he pisses me off. Hell, I may set up the tv’s so that he and the boys can watch something and then everyone is quiet. It will be an interesting day, I am sure, since we are going early, it isn’t a social visit, and we are in different cars in a caravan, not much chit chat. I suppose she might come in our car, but who knows

The office sounds chatty this morning. I wonder what that is about. The whisper sisters next door to me are hissing away. I can hear the girls down at the other end of the room, too, which is a little unusual. Boss man isn’t here right now, but that doesn’t mean much.

I hate my hair product. Ok, no, I love it, but I hate the way they package it. It is liquid, and a spray bottle. Well, the last quarter inch of fluid can’t be used unless you really work at it because the geniuses that designed the spray tube made it too freaking short! So you have to tip the bottle and hope that you get a spray or two out of it. So lame.

I think that tonight we need to watch a movie that we got. It will be good for me to just sit and relax instead of stressing all night.

Maybe my Mommy Cat tattoo needs to be on my back. I can hide it with my hair and a lot of shirts, but can still show it off. It would be centered kind of going up to the back of my neck. Maybe a bit under that.

Ken called me his Mommy Cat last night. I don’t know that I have ever been more smitten with him.

I have had strange cravings for steak and cheese. Not together mind you. It is especially odd since truly, I never have been a big steak fan. Not sure why. Maybe I just never had good steaks until semi recently. I noticed the cravings being more so when I got knocked up. Not saying that I had “cravings” so much as I just started to appreciate good steak. My inlaws make tri-tip which is shockingly good. I think my taste buds have just changed, again. If only they would also enjoy some kinds of veggies. LOL! The cheese, well, this isn’t as odd as I have always been a fan of “fried stuff with cheese”, but right now it isn’t the melted variety I have wanted. More of a, chunk of cheese on a cracker type mix. No worries, pretty sure my oven is clean, but it is interesting how our tastes change through the years. I had a Chocodile the other day. I used to love those things. Probably because you could never find them anywhere. But I ate this one and was pretty disappointed. Well, and take my mom for instance. She is the one who taught me the recipe of Enchilada casserole. She doesn’t like it anymore. She doesn’t like the taste of any of the canned enchilada sauces. So odd! It does give me hope that the boys will start to venture away from the staples.

I think that I need to splurge soon and Ken and I can go maybe to Houstons and get some ribs. We can leave the kids with my folks. We need to do that anyway since Bobby needs to get over some of the separation stuff. And if we go on an afternoon, it would work well. Of course, that is a pricey meal, so it may need to wait for some time.

I feel like I am turning into a waitress at a diner in the 50’s. I have been calling too many people sweetie, darling and baby lately. I really don’t care too much. I have been using way more random terms of endearment with the boys. I call them everything from pickles to sweet peas. Which always lends itself to uber retardation when I then accidentally call Ken “sweet pea” and he mocks me. Yesterday I tried out calling them my little ducklings when we were walking through the museum. I am thinking of showing them footage of mama ducks and how the babies follow and tell them it is a game and when they need to follow, I can quack or something. Yes, I am just that insane.

Maybe a tattoo of a Mama duck with two ducklings. I can always add more ducklings if I opt for more kids.

I wish I could explain why I am not patriotic. No, I am serious. I don’t even understand it. Sure, we are a pretty good country when you compare it to others. Dumb as fuck when you compare certain aspects, but I think that goes with any country. I don’t get all weepy with the Star Spangled Banner (actually I giggle at that because I think of Truth and Dare) and I don’t get excited for the all American holidays. I think I used to be excited. I mean, when we saw the Olympics in 1984, I was jazzed. Now, it is really a not so much type of thing. I sometimes get wrapped up in certain aspects of patriotism. Like the election or past presidents and monuments or hell, don’t even get be started on all the historical landmarks. All of those are awesome, but I just don’t get whipped up into a frenzy at the idea of being American. I kind of wish it was different. I mean, sure, I could go through the motions, but it just seems so fake. Not that I have an alliance to any other country, mind you. Sure, I love me some British crap, but really, I am pretty sure I don’t care for most of it. I wanted to move to Canada, but that was just me being 19 and lame. In fact, going to a foreign country is a little scary to me. I want to travel, but I would actually much rather do a trip of the states and see roadside attractions. I don’t know that those are as prominent in Australia. So maybe I do love USA. I just don’t like the whole PDA part of it.

I know I shouldn’t grumble when so many people don’t even have a job and at least I am getting a bonus, but seriously, when the bonus amount is $120 and you go home with a whopping $60 from it, isn’t that just wrong? I mean, shouldn’t my company calculate out the bonus to net out to $120 after taxes so I get a full fucking bonus? It hardly seems worth the trouble, especially when they cut separate checks for the bonus.

I feel very lonely here. Every row has two people, except me. I am a bit of a loner in general, but I liked having my Tammy here.

We need to go get crickets for Leonard tonight, so maybe while they do that, I will go across to the beauty supply place and get my nail stuff. I need to do something about them. They are breaking just if a breeze hits them. It is bad. It is my fault. I pick on the cuticles too much.

My journal writing morning is coming to an end. It is almost noon. Can you tell I have been bored today? I have been working actually in between my random thoughts caught on paper. I wonder if perhaps I should hide all of these from the boys since lord knows they will be submitted as evidence when they commit me. It will be like in Miracle on 34th Street where they bring in like hundreds of bags of letters to Santa to prove he exists. With me, it will be hundreds of bags of journals proving that I am loopy. Hopefully I can entertain myself for the rest of the afternoon. If only I had a good topic to write about I could do that. Maybe my net searches for the lunch time allotment will provide some inspiration. Let’s hope.

No comments: