Thursday, March 24, 2011

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

3-24-11




I may be heading for a work meltdown today.



An email sent last night indicated that because of this new tax software going live on the 1st, there would need to be testing done the night before between 8 and 11 pm. This is the same software that I am only doing minor testing on because I cover for Jean. This isn’t even software I would normally have access to. Yet Jim, my fucktard of a boss thought that perhaps I should be the one doing this testing. Oh, and by the by, he didn’t even tell me. He had someone else email the powers that be to see if I will be doing this. How about asking me first? Sheesh, I am already going above and beyond the call of duty on this covering someone bullshit. Now you are having me test software that I will not be using a mere 3 days later, but you are not tapping the folks who will? FUCK YOU.



Mind you, this is a day that I already would have had off had Jean not taken off. I have my last parenting class that morning. I have agreed to work from home when I am done with that, even though I really should not have to.



Oh, and there is word out that she is going to be out for another chunk of time this year. She is having a hysterectomy. Minimum recovery time is 6 weeks, but it could be longer. At this rate, I have already covered 35 days for her this year. 7 weeks. If there is another 6 weeks, I swear, I will not ever get to work on my own stuff. And I am not counting the 4 weeks I covered for her last year.



Hell, I don’t even know for sure if she will be back on the 5th.



I am angry. I love being useful at work, but I hate being used.



Today may leave me battered and bruised.

No comments: