Friday, March 4, 2011

I will be better soon, dammit!

3-4-11




I am feeling much better. Still tired and coughing a bit, but I don’t feel like I am at death’s door anymore. Ken picked up both boys and took them to class yesterday, which allowed me from 2 to 5:30 to just relax. I hung out and watched my “stories” and worked on getting better.



Lycos did try to derail this a few times. I heard Luna bark in the back, which was followed by Lycos barking. The difference was that Lycos seemed much closer. In fact, she was sitting on my porch. I figured the gate had been left open. I was super impressed that Luna didn’t join her on the porch. She was a good girl and stayed in the back. I put Lycos back out, only to be barked at again a few minutes later, with her once again on the porch, quite pleased with herself. This time, the gate was closed. I was so confused.



Ken got home and we watched Lycos nudge the gate enough to open it for her. The wind would then blow the gate closed behind her. She is too smart for her own good.



Ken and the boys picked up dinner so that I didn’t have to do anything. It was cool! And as if this wasn’t enough, in the parenting class yesterday, they discussed stress. One of their exercises was to make bath salts. So Ken made green, vanilla scented bath salts for me. Our homework was for me to take a bath and to relax. So I took a bath! The boys love it when I take a bath. They find it fascinating when a grownup is in the tub.



Dax seemed a little out of sorts last night, but it was funny how quickly he would snap out of it when we cater to his need. I don’t think he is that good of an actor, but his chipper attitude seconds after tantrum levels when he wanted milk was a bad coincidence on his part.



I can’t wait till work is over since it means I have 2 days of rest. Tonight I think after we visit with my folks I will meet Ken over at Fantastic Sam’s where I can get my hair cut. Perhaps then we can go to dinner. I am mostly looking forward to climbing back into my bed and sleeping in.



This weekend I want to go find some temporary hair color for the boys for their wacky Wednesday next week. Red and Green Mohawks are the request. There also is a dinosaur shop in South Pasadena I would like to check out.



I would really like to take the boys to see Rango. I am thinking I will wait another weekend, though. I am guessing with it being opening today it will be super packed all weekend. It is projected to be number one for the weekend. Maybe next weekend or something like that. A nice early showing.

No comments: