Thursday, March 10, 2011

the scoop

3-10-11




The doctor appt went well. Thankfully, Bobby is officially out of the shots phase of life. In fact, it sounds like he doesn’t get anymore until he is 9 (aside from flu shots, which aren’t even shots anymore). Woo hoo!



The doc said he looked good. He is a good weight, he doesn’t have any issues, and everything is working well. I really like this new doc. She was really good with the boys.



Bobby had a hearing test, but he was just so bored and distracted, it didn’t register well. I know he can hear just fine, so I am not too concerned, nor is the doctor. His vision test only made me a little worried. The doctor said it was fine, but I would have liked him to get more lines. I can read them, so I guess I assume he can.



After the doctor, we drove down to King Harbor to see the crazy fish situation. The storm on Tuesday caused an unusual event. All of these sardines (and by all of, I mean like a million, no joke) got confused and turned into the harbor. They then depleted all of the oxygen since there were so many, and they all suffocated. The waters were practically replaced with dead fish. The video and pictures were incredible. But being down there, man, it was insane. So surreal. They had already cleaned up a great deal, but it was just so odd to think you were seeing maybe grass on the bottom of the water, only to realize it was actually hundreds of fish. I took pictures, but I am telling you, even seeing it, it just looks like some fake thing. Quite sad, really.



I need to go get a body pillow tonight. I keep sleeping on the edge of the bed, and in turn, fucking up my back. I don’t know how to stop myself aside from giving myself some kind of a bumper.



The doctor gave Ken and I samples of Nasonex. It was hopefully something that will clear up our congestion, that will in turn help lessen this stupid cough. I have noticed a bit of clearing in my nose. This morning it is less compacted up in there than it has been. I feel a bit like a leaky faucet. I am supposed to use it for like a week. Cross your fingers!



The plan is to try and get tickets for April Foolishness. The tickets go on sale at 10 am this morning so I am armed and ready with passwords and funds. Woo! It would be a fun night for anniversary entertainment.



I don’t think today has any real plans, so I am hoping to maybe start on some gardening tonight. We have to go get compost and a tiller. I don’t think that will happen until Saturday, but we can prep some more. We also need to start on the seeds. We have starter pots, so hopefully that is something we can get going, too.



Bobby read to us last night. His homework was this little booklet that he has to read to us, and we judge him. I was very happy that I didn’t feel like I had to put the highest grade on it. We even told him he needed to do it again. Turns out, I am distracting with my random comments about the “story”. I kept pointing out inconsistencies with sizing. This one dude has a rat that is like the size of Luna. But that is nothing compared to the giant cat! The boys were in hysterics, which seriously, is like the best sound ever. I wish I could bottle it.



I am so proud! I have taught Luna “How do you do?” Took long enough! She didn’t seem to be one of those dogs that just offered up her paw just cause. Of course, she does do the man shake. It is the hand shake into a hug. Oh well. At least you can’t say she doesn’t love me.



Dax was worried about taking out the green in his hair because he is convinced people will pinch him now. It took a lot of explaining to get him to understand that the green power is only needed in a week.



Sigh, I need to work.

No comments: