Monday, March 7, 2011

Better and Busy

3-7-11




This weekend went by so fast, yet seemed packed!



Friday evening, we went to Fantastic Sams where I had my hair trimmed. I got the long layers touched up, took off about an inch and made my bangs better. It certainly looks better and is fuller. I really liked that even without styling it, it looked good.



After we left the Fantastic Sams, Ken got a call from a former student’s mom saying that since he was now going into high school, he thought that he would donate his old Lego to Ken and his classes. Very cool! They said we could come pick it up, but that they would not be home for another 30 minutes. With time to kill, and since he lived right next to Costa, we opted to drive up there to show the kids where we went to school. The intent was to drive by, but when I noticed the gates were open, I new that I needed to go in.



It was surreal and awesome to be there. I found that even in real life, I didn’t remember most of the classrooms, which was funny since that is my dream fear.



We wandered the campus, and I took lots of pictures. It was really cool to wander around. It is hard to believe that it has been 20 years since I was there.



After the trip down memory lane, we all went out to dinner at Islands. Man, their food is yummy.



Saturday’s adventures began with a trip out to Pasadena. We had been tipped off to this dinosaur shop out there. Since Dax has become this crazed dinosaur enthusiast, we wanted to go check it out.



It was a super cute little shop, with gobs of dinosaur toys. It was cool since Dax was able to find models of three of his favorites. They had other items, too, including a cute little Siberian tiger figure along with a baby one, too. Bobby was thrilled.



Unfortunately, they also had a giant table of tracks and Thomas trains. As Ken and I looked around, the boys played with Thomas. They were happy until we decided it was time to head out. I am sure we should have done it better. Like maybe given them a time warning. Either way, Dax was not keen on leaving.



He followed me for a few steps, but then stopped dead in his tracks. I grabbed his hand and was pretty calm about the whole thing. He tried to resist, but didn’t pull as much as he has in past incidents. He did get louder, though.



I drug him down the sidewalk towards the car, the whole time he screamed about wanting to play with Thomas. It was clearly a huge power struggle. He wanted his way, and did not know how to deal with not getting it. He hollered the whole way home.



It didn’t stop with Thomas, either. He was angry. He would calm down for a bit, but then something else would set him off. At one point, I finally had to make him go lie down for a bit. It was insane how crazed he felt.



I finally managed to calm him down. I don’t know what I did, but he stopped screaming every few minutes.



I freaked a little when he got bopped in the eye with one of the Nerf bullets, but thankfully I seemed to still be ok with him since he trusted me enough to put in some eye drops. I was pretty proud.



As much as this probably sounds bad, I was happy when it was their bed time.



Sunday morning was a Disneyland morning!



We headed out when the park first opened and managed to get in several rides before the park filled up to 90% capacity. It seemed to be a busy day. It normally doesn’t get that crowded until closer to noon. It was 10:30 and it was crazy.



One of the things we did for the first time was go to ToonTown before it was open. Apparently they open an hour after the park opens. We, along with others, anxiously awaited the opening of the gates at 9 am. What we did not realize was that when the gates open, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy all come down to greet the guests. They hugged all the kids and gave them high fives. They also took the hands of a couple of them and led them along with the crowd into Toon Town. It was awesome!



Our main objective of Toon Town was for Dax to talk to Mickey. He was thrilled! We went to his house and got pictures with the mouse. It was like Dax meeting some kind of rock star.



We went on the roller coaster, got pics with Goofy and Pluto, and even went on the Roger Rabbit ride. Toon Town is so much more fun when you have kids.



I lucked out since one of the rides Bobby wanted to go on was Splash Mountain, and it was closed for renovation. Phew!



Bobby wore a Happy Birthday button, which got him lots of well wishes. I think he might have been a little embarrassed by it. LOL!



We spent much of the rest of the day at home. We watched Toy Story 3, played with Nerf guns, and I tired out the dogs with some fetch. We also started poking at the garden site. Next weekend we are going to hopefully have the ground breaking. Ken thinks we should go get some mulch and possibly rent a tiller so that we get the best possible soil. The boys are quite excited at garden activities.



My sick seems to be way better. I am tired this morning, though, since poor Ken was up much of the night coughing. He seems to be worse. I think he may need to call the doc to make sure it isn’t more serious.



My boss is out all week. I am thrilled! I will still be busy much of the week what with covering while Jean is out, but at least I don’t also have to contend with his crap.

No comments: