Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

3-1-11




Yawn, cough, yawn, cough, yawn, cough. It is a vicious cycle. I had numerous sneezing fits last night, which made me assume I had gotten into something, I took some Benedryl, but it didn’t work. My coughing got worse, so I downed the last of the Nyquil straight from the bottle. I am paying for that today. Even though I took it at 7 last night, it is now 8:30 and only now am I waking up.



My cough sucks. It hurts. It isn’t in my lungs, it is all throat. Low throat, and I even feel like the voice is wavering again. Lovely. I have had 3 cups of hot tea, and 2 cough drops since I have been here. I think I have the nasty that is Dayquil in my desk, so that is the next step.



Yesterday’s work load left me fried. It was a nice surprise to have Dax come up behind me at my desk and present me with a bag full of Valentine goodness. He and Ken had gone to Vons, where I am assuming things were on clearance. Dax picked out gobs of things for me, including a cute bear and a flower. The funniest thing was that he drug Ken next door to the beauty supply place and insisted on getting hair dye for me as well. My kids know me.



I made yummy chicken and gravy last night. My gravy turned out quite good. I have some for lunch today. I requested that the boys try it with their potatoes, and you would have thought I was making them eat bugs. Dax was even so dramatic that before it even barely hit his tongue, he spat it out. I was pissed. I sent them to bed. They freaked. I explained that it wasn’t like I was making them eat buckets of this stuff. Bobby actually got ready for bed and made the request to eat it. He was granted permission and he ate the whopping two bites I had requested of them. Dax tried every excuse in the book. He said he was tired. He said he wasn’t hungry. Finally, I mentioned that Bobby was watching Power Rangers and this made him cooperate. I did have to practically push the food down his throat for him, but he ate it. Sigh. I had to go out side to chill. Thank goodness for fetching dogs.



Ken is fixing my brakes today, so I am in Barnum again. It is so nice to have a good backup car. I am wondering if he will let Dax help him.



The work keeps coming in at an alarming rate. Hopefully I will make it today.

No comments: