Friday, March 25, 2011

While I have time

3-25-11




In the calm before the storm, I figure this is the best time to write a quick blog.



I am really enjoying these Thursday afternoons. Ken takes the boys and from 2 till 5, it is just me and the critters. I found myself having time to clean the playroom, make a pizza from scratch, and watched a couple hours of Glee in the background. Awesome!



I refuse to talk shop today as I don’t want it to get me worked up.



One of the things happening this weekend is the changing of the cars. The Blazer has died and therefore this leaves Ken with the PT. Not that the PT is bad, but truly, it has way less room compared to the Blazer. So I offered to switch cars with Ken. He can use the van and I will use the PT. It will suck only in the idea of family outings because of its crappy gas mileage, but we will make do. I don’t mind driving the smaller car. Especially now that the boys can get into the car themselves just fine, it actually is way reasonable.



We also are going to take it down to the car dealership to see how much we could get for it. It may be time to trade in both PT and Blazer and get Ken a car that will function well for his needs.



The house has been pretty decently clean this week, so my chores are minimal this weekend. Stephanie and I have plans to go out tomorrow at some point. Overall, it will be a nice and mellow weekend.



Thank goodness the boys will tolerate and sometimes even enjoy Glee. Seriously, it is getting old watching Power Rangers and Dino Dan. I keep making up the back stories on both, which is the only thing that keeps it tolerable. I really do miss the good ole days of Blue and even the Backyardigans. I can sometimes break out a Gabba or Upside Down Show, but even Mickey Mouse has been mostly phased out.



I have become one of those people who carries their phone around in their hand. There are times in which my phone seems to bing bong a bunch and it is just easier than fishing around in my bra. This only seems to be a work thing, but I worry it will move to other parts of my life.



I can’t tell if my hair just grows this fast or if the hair dye I am using is fading out quicker than I would like. I am getting tired of my part being brown with grey while the rest is this awesome red. I may have to go back to brown soon.



Last night, I noticed that Dax’s covers were in a big pile on his bed. So while the boys were finishing up in the tub, I proceeded to cover myself up with one of the blankets and lay in wait. When they had been in there a while, and didn’t seem to notice me, I jumped up with a hearty, “Boo!” They laughed, but Dax then burst into tears. Ken was filming all of this. Now, I felt bad for making Dax cry, but the tongue lashing we got from Bobby was the best part.



“How would you guys like it if we did that to you? Why would you scare Dax like that? That was really mean!”



Turns out, you should not fuck with the little brother of Bobby.

No comments: