Friday, May 17, 2013

Can I get a "What What"?!


5-17-13

Escrow, baby!

Ok, it isn’t completely in there yet, but said paperwork is in process and they are not accepting other offers right now. All of the necessary preliminary items are being worked on and it sounds like officially speaking we will be in escrow starting Monday. WOO!!!

It is a 45 day escrow, which I am way more than ok with. There is so much to be done!

Our yard sale the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend has been pushed back. Ken pointed out that since we are in the process of for reals packing now we might as well pull out as much as possible for the blow out sale. Plus, it means it gives us a 3 day weekend in which all we will be doing is working on the house.
I packed up a lot of clothing in my closet yesterday. I packed up things that I knew I would not be wearing over the next 3 months. Mostly things like winter clothing or my fancy dresses. It was something I could do while the boys worked on homework so it made sense. I will be able to work in there mostly during homework sessions.

Packing looks to be daunting and exciting all at the same time. We are going to probably order one of those PODS so we can put boxed up items in there. What is nice about that is that they can take said POD away and then bring it back to us when we move in. Sure, it is an extra expense, but it will be similar to using a moving van, and reality it will save space and time overall.

Papa Brenan is not 100% on board with this house. He worries that it is too much work involved to get it ready. I understand his concern. There is to be a thorough inspection made soon, which I am hoping will put his mind at ease. The termite damage estimate is about $7K. That being said, we got the house at $50K less than asking, and it is technically under $500K. He was willing to make offers up to $550K, so I still think even if we have to put $10 to $15K of work into this, we come out ahead.

I LOVE the neighborhood. Ok, I know I don’t know the neighbors like my current ones who are at about a 12 on a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of awesome, but I am excited about the closeness of schools and parks along with the quantity of trees everywhere. Of course, it may end up being evil, who knows, but I have high hopes. Especially what with people staying there until they die!

I am hoping that once we are in escrow that I am allowed to go to the house more often. I would like to take my folks over there. I also wonder if we can start work on repairs while in escrow.

I am super anxious to start moving in. I am excited about fixing up the back yard. I am excited about making the house my own. Since I am hoping in my heart that I will be here for the next 50 years, I can take my time and not just throw the place together. I want to make it good.

Ken seems excited, but still in Captain KillJoy mode. It is mostly due to his father, who is Admiral KillJoy. They are just being cautious, which is hard for someone like me who is excited at the drop of a hat!

This morning is the volunteer appreciation breakfast at the school. I have not decided if I should go or not. I need to remind Ken of this since if I end up coming home, we need to be ready to go to the school at 7:30, not 5 till 8 like he and the boys tend to do. I have to pick the boys up at noon thirty anyway, so perhaps taking sometime today would not be the worst idea. Especially with my tomorrow super busy what with registration, and the next 6 weeks filled with dust and boxes! HEE!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: