Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Xanax


5-22-13

Turns out, Xanax is pretty potent.

I popped one right before I left home. I wanted it to have time to kick in since my nerves were already flaring. I was surprised, and pleased, that no one was home. I texted Ken and found out he and his folks were up the street at the Carl’s Jr. Ken asked me if I took my Xanax, and I laughed and said yes. The response was clear that things were not good.

“Take another one”

I asked if I was going to cry.

“I am on the verge”

Super fuck. I headed out, glad for the hike since I was pretty sure the exercise would calm me ever so slightly. There were warm greetings, but I could sense the mood of the table.

They had already done a walk through and were not impressed. Bob in particular was pretty sure that it was a shit hole. He didn’t use these words, mind you, but the tone of his voice and the carefully chosen words to not say “shit hole” were a dead giveaway.

I tried to be upbeat about my future home. We headed back to the house for the official inspection. At one point, Bob talked about painting over my beloved wallpaper in the dining area. He didn’t even finish his thought when I snapped. I told him no. He pointed out that he wasn’t done with his thought. I told him that if his thought included anything about removing the wallpaper I loved then I was dead set against it. He was annoyed, but frankly I was tired of his bullshit.

Ken pulled me aside and told me to not fight him on these things. The wallpaper was a make or break thing. Da fuck? Sigh, I was so spent. I went back to helping the boys with their homework and honestly, I opted for a third Xanax. I probably should not have, but it made the rest of the afternoon rather appropriate in the idea that I was stoned. I hung out in my groovy new pad and felt like I was in the correct era with my mind set.

The inspection guy was awesome. He was very thorough and didn’t seem to mind the tag along team of the Captain and Admiral. I hung out with the boys mostly, trying to keep them on task. I also spent some time chatting with the listing agent, who turned out to be quite fascinating. He told us how back in the 60s he actually hung out for a few weeks with Charles Manson! Dude, I could talk to this guy for hours. He was also just a total sweetheart and I liked his stories a great deal.

By the end of the inspection, it was becoming quite clear that the house was in far better shape than assumed. The termite damage we see seems to be what we get. It isn’t in spots we could not see and ultimately everything seemed to be in pretty good shape. Frank was able to show up despite his prior appointment, which appeased Bob somewhat. He had been rather snarky and pissy when he found out Frank wasn’t going to be able to make it. I pointed out (this was pre-lecture from Ken) that Frank already had his appointment before he knew about their flight down. I didn’t care for Bob’s comments about how Frank had better be there since they paid $300 to fly down. Sigh. Sometimes he needs to remember this isn’t 1960.

Bob also is not fond of Brandon. I adore both Frank and Brandon. I wonder if it is simply because they are youthful and fun, but either way, I like working with both of them. I feel comfortable, which is saying a lot. It annoys me that there is such a negative vibe when they had to deal with the Killjoys.

The good news is now we just need the appraisal. If that checks out at the right price, then we are in business. In fact, Bob now is talking about making escrow even shorter so that we can get the upgrades started ASAP so that when we move in, the place is ready to go. This puts Ken and my main concern on getting our house ready for rent.

I know I should not be annoyed, but I keep getting frustrated at them dictating the look of certain things. I kept being told that the house was an eyesore. What the fuck? I did say I wanted to trim some of the vegetation in front of the door. I then was told that the stuff I wanted to keep was stuff they were getting rid of and they were keeping the tree I hated. WTF??? Look, I am fine with a lot of things, but please don’t change my house to look like something they want to live in. I want it to be something *I* want to live in. Fuck!

Appraisal should hopefully be done by early next week. Until then, I have some time to not stress. I need to get boxes since that is super crucial right now in terms of packing. I would like to get a bunch boxed up today during homework hour.

In other news, Dax had himself quite the dangler in his mouth. This tooth was stubborn, but Dax was more determined to not let me yank it. I told him it needed to come out before bed since it was that loose. After lots of encouragement from Bobby and I, and lots of messing with it, Dax managed to pop it out. He was quite proud of his accomplishment. Thankfully Ken was out taking his folks to the airport so he was able to stop at Walmart on the way home to find a gift from the Tooth Goblin. He texted me that there was a skateboard for $15. Dax had literally just been talking about how much he wanted one. I sent back the text saying to get it. Ken was relieved since he couldn’t find anything appropriate for the prize. We crafted a letter last night that basically indicated that due to his bravery of pulling his own tooth that he was ready for his prize which is currently sitting in on his desk. The good news, too, is that Bobby should be losing a tooth very soon, so I need to find him a fun kick ass present for that one.

My thighs are screaming at me this morning. It is a good thing. Alyssa gave me this 30 day squat challenge. Each day has a slightly higher number of squats. Yesterday was 50, which I broke up into two sessions. I think today, which his 55, I will do my first set before my walk instead of after. It will allow my legs to stretch out after the squats, which is a good thing. Even if I don’t get to the 250 I am supposed to be able to do by day 30, I am just happy to do 50 or so a day for 30 days.

No comments: