Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rotary Dial


5-14-13

Here we go again!

I had a good feeling about the place just based on the listing. I was waiting on Brandon to get back to me about a time to look when they reduced the price. Yay! They also finally posted some pictures and I was intrigued. The neighborhood is the one we love (down the street from cul-de-sac) and even closer to the park. It’s a corner lot with one street that is the same street of the elementary school and the other the same as the awesome park. It has a huge tree in front and the lot is large. It has a big living room with a good sized kitchen with a dining area. It has a large rec room that has a sliding glass door out to the yard. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with lots of expansion potential. It needs some work, but work I am willing to put in for the rest of my life.





http://www.flickr.com/photos/94982605@N05/sets/72157633490661898/

It is a probate sale, what with the guy having died (in the house no less!). Our offer will go in today and they will be reviewing said offers on Saturday. If ours is accepted, we will then wait for the court date in which we hopefully then get approved to go into escrow. It is a slightly more tedious process, but it is a nice thing to hope for while still looking. Plus, it means that we will still have time to pull out if we manage to convince cul-de-sac.

As crazy as this sounds, I was strangely excited about the rotary dial phone on the wall. It was clearly the phone this guy used. It even has the phone number on the phone with the 213 area code!! Plus, the pen holder is for a mortuary. Dude, it is all kinds of good omens, right?


I actually was able to really see where I would put furniture in this house. I see where the boys’ pool will go. I see how the rec room will end up having a couch also that the kids can hang out in. It will be like a play room. I see a dining room table. I see a lot.

Now we wait. Man I hate to wait.

Bobby came home early from school. At lunch time he apparently felt ill so they sent him home. He said his stomach hurt. We think it was heat related. It was cold he said in his classroom and then when he went out to lunch in the 90 degree heat it probably messed with him. Plus, he was in long sleeves and long pants. He felt better after some water and soup so this is good.

I am hoping to have Bobby get most of his homework for the week done today so he doesn’t have to do any tomorrow. He has a couple of fillings at the dentist so it would be good for him to not have to worry about anything.

Ken registered Luna as a service dog for me! She is officially a companion dog for my anxiety. Her vest is on order but she has her badge now. I will be enrolling with her in some kind of training to work on some skills with her. It means I can take her anywhere, even on a plane! I love this!

I washed my dogs and 3 of my cats yesterday. The fleas have been crazy so I washed Monarch in the flea shampoo. He has had the worst time with it. I ended up washing the kittens, too. The dogs needed the most help. Lycos hides her flea issues well what with her being too old to scratch and being all black you can’t see the grody. The red that comes off in the washing process is pretty disturbing. I also brushed her and created a giant ball of fur, which was insane! I need to brush both pups again today. They are both all shiny and soft now, which is awesome.

No comments: