Monday, May 13, 2013

hungover


5-13-13

Hungover.

As if that wasn’t enough, my girl parts are screaming at me in the form of an epic period. I am shockingly functional so far this morning despite my handicap, but I am not happy about it.

The weekend was long. I felt like I was on the move the entire time. Saturday morning the boys and I went to Adams for the boys to be filmed for an AYSO anniversary video for this next season. It did result in Bobby deciding to play after all this year, which is pretty cool. It also allowed the three of us to kick the ball around a bit, which I know Dax loved.

At around 3:30, Chris came over and the four of us headed out to Pasadena where we were part of his team for a charity mini golf game. It was miserably hot, but we had a lot of fun. The boys did quite well in the holes they golfed on, which was pretty awesome. There was nummy food and beer, both of which I was able to consume. The boys discovered the “photo booth” which was a guy with a camera set up with lots of random costumes. They then proceeded to dress up and give the photographer something to do. I gotta say, I was impressed with their creativity. Ken came out and we all were able to play mini golf until 8. It was a late night, but lots of fun.

Sunday morning I overslept having been unable to get comfortable much of the night. Ken woke me up when he was heading out for day two of the Armed Forces Day tournament. I got up then and quickly got ready so that the boys and I could go to my mom’s where we would ride with them to go out to Grammie’s.
We did lunch and when we got back to the house, the boys went in the pool in their undies, which was pretty funny, especially when I explained to them that they would have to go home commando due to the wet underwear. They were not thrilled with this so I told them they could swim naked and I could throw the undies into the dryer. They were amused and exhilarated by this. My dad and Matt were out with them so I was able to visit with my mom and Grammie. I told them they should go out to see the boys since it would make them giggle. Sure enough, as soon as they were told Grammie was out there, they quickly jumped back into pool all embarrassed, but laughing. It was awesome.

We got home late afternoon. I was tired, I was hot, and I was bummed Ken wasn’t able to leave the tournament early like he had hoped. I opted to rock some rum. Yeah, I got a little silly.

While we were out on Sunday, most of the butterflies came out of their cocoons. It was so cool! The kittens also agreed with this assessment and were hell bent on trying to get them. Thankfully they were unable to. Lucy did make an impressive effort at one point when she jumped up to my shoulder when I was next to the habitat so that she could get a better look. Sheesh, cat!

We went to IHOP for dinner, which was nummy. It was nice to not have to worry about cooking. I was spent.

I now just need to make it through another day of work. LOL! The boss is out, so it will be less annoying. I can now look at new house listings to see if I can find us a new place to live. 

No comments: