Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Don't want to talk this morning

5-28-13

No house talk this morning. I am feeling too upset.

It was a productive weekend. I wish I had been more, but I think I made a good dent. I packed up much of the playroom, including the stuffed animals, most of the toys (leaving out playmobile and weapons since these are the go to toys of the moment), and costumes. I think my plan today when I get home is to move the furniture out of there so we can prep the walls for paint. We got paint for the whole inside of the house, which means our house will soon be all white inside. I am kind of bummed since I loved my Mac and Cheese hallway, the blue/purple in the boys’ room and the deep red and browns in our room. Oh well. Some day when we move I can go color crazy again.

A lot of this packing and paint procurement took up Saturday and Sunday. We also worked on laundry and just getting the house clean in general. I was proud, though, that despite all of this work, I still managed to stay on track with my squats and even got in multiple walks! YAY!!!

Yesterday we decided to go to the Westwood cemetery to show the boys all the people who died in the military. I know this may sound morbid, but it seemed like a good idea to let them know why they got to have a day off. It was a nice hike around the grounds, looking for all the Medal of Honor award winners. Luna came with us, too. She was sporting her new service animal badge. LOL! We had the boys fix any flags that had fallen and then had them salute the ones they fixed. It was very cute.

I am really looking forward to the gym today. I need to get out of my head for a good stretch.


No comments: