Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Next time I need to take a week off


5-7-13

How did three days go by so fast?

I certainly didn’t waste any time, either. I was up late every one of those nights. Friday night left Ken and I home alone since the boys were at my folks so they would not have to deal with registration on Saturday. It seemed silly to go to bed at normal time, so instead we finished out the season of Cougar Town. It was a lot of fun to sit and laugh like that.

Saturday was long. We had lots of people at registration which is a good thing. However it did also mean I had my nose buried into the laptop all day. It was entertaining part of the morning since I had to take a Tylenol 3 for my horrid neck pain, which left me a hint loopy. It certainly made it more enjoyable. We have another one of these events on the 18th. I hated the end since even though I was pretty well organized, it did take a bit of time to balance the cash. I had everyone sitting around watching me, which was unnerving. I think next time I will balance the cash in smaller batches.

After registration, we went and saw Iron Man 3. Holy fuck, it is awesome! Dax got scared at one part, which sucked specifically because he was sitting on the side where my neck hurt. It took a lot to be able to pry him off the seat so I could raise the arm rest between us to comfort him. He was better after a little bit after I reminded him that Iron Man always wins. Sure enough, the rest of the movie, even in tense parts, was super awesome and funny so it was nice to hear him laughing as much as I did.

After we put the boys to bed, Aaron and Jenn came over where we sat around and talked much of the evening. They were arguing about some things and we were helping them through the issues. It was actually pretty nice to get to know Jenn more since I know how important she is to Aaron. She is nice! It is also funny to watch Aaron, who is similar to Ken in their more mellow approach to life, dealing with someone who is much more emotional and animated like myself. LOL! We are hoping to find more time to hang out since I think it would be good for everyone.

Sunday I was able to sleep in to almost 9! It was awesome! The boys played Minecraft all morning being that it was overcast and cold out. It was good, too, since Ken and I were leaving at 4 to go to our outing. Katie came over and we headed out to Hollywood to go see Jay and Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie. It was a small venue and we got there early enough to allow us in the front row so that Kevin was right in front of me. Dude, I love that man! Jay was there, too, along with both of their wives. Neil Gaiman was there, too! He is a voice in the movie. It was a lot of fun! One of the best parts was the poor lady from the theatre trying to keep Kevin to a schedule since they had to clear out the theatre at a particular time so the next showing could come in. If anyone has ever listened to Kevin talk, they know this man doesn’t stop unless you turn off his mic, and even then. It was cute watching him go on and on and her trying to get him to stop soon. LOL!!!

I was smart in taking yesterday off. It allowed me to sleep in a bit. That being said, though, I had been under the impression I was going to get home much later than I actually did. I could have probably worked. Oh well. I am not upset.

I managed to get a lot of laundry done and some other light housework. I also spent a great deal of time fighting with Picasa in order to upload the B-17 pictures for the daughter of one of the ladies Ken flew with. Thankfully I managed to get it done.

The boys did a lot of homework and I had them work on some chores to keep earning money. I started keeping a tab now. Bobby needs to earn $5 for his field trip. On top of that, they have guns they want to “buy” from us. Dax also has a sticker book he needs to earn. They are both upset that they have to earn it, but I keep explaining to them that this is how life works. I think this is going to be a good lesson.
I found a random bruise on my thigh. I really wish I could keep track of these things, better.
Ken has an eye appointment this afternoon. He is going to get his eyes dilated which means I get to drive. It isn’t so bad. The boys will work on their homework while we are there. It does mean that the afternoon is a hint hectic, but it is what it is.

Now if only I could wake up. I was spoiled with all the sleeping time. 

No comments: