Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Still Waiting


5-1-13

Still waiting.

We were supposed to have the house we loved. In fact, the agent and our agent were all prepared on Friday that we would most likely enter escrow on Monday. Sadly, a last minute bid came in in which they offered just a smidge more than us in addition to 50% down. How do you turn that down? The agent for the house actually really wanted us to have it, and Brandon told her to let us know if anything happens. We are the next in line, but I don’t see another opportunity on this place.

For now, we wait on cul-de-sac because it sounds like we still have a strong chance on that one. There is some kind of family snafu on their end that they are working out, so hopefully that gets resolved soon. If so, I can so see us growing old in this house. I have already started decorating in my head. I know, dangerous, but it is what it is.

We went to PF Changs for Ken’s birthday dinner. Bobby had won a certificate for a free kids meal so it seemed liked  a perfect time to introduce the boys to the wonder that is Changs. Thankfully, they both liked it a lot! We had a lot of fun and I love how charming the boys are with waitresses. Dax kept telling me how nice I am when I deal with service workers. I think he wanted to be like me. LOL!

After dinner I was able to go and stock up on some good lotion and sparkle spray at Bath and Body works. I am drenched in one of the sprays right now. It is a scent I have never bought before and I am quite pleased with it. Japanese Cherry Blossom in lotion and “shimmer mist”. Hee!

The boys have been working hard on chores lately to earn money. Bobby’s class has his field trip in a couple weeks in which they need $10 each to pay for the movie. So their assignment is to earn the money from us. I love this! They even had to write down things they would do to earn said money. I have held Bobby to this. He and Dax washed my car on Sunday. They both have also brought in the trash cans along with their normal poop picking up duties. I also have them helping with laundry more and Bobby even helped with the dishes. They are getting old enough now to really be able to handle more and more which is AWESOME for me. More help! We even bought a couple of toys they wanted and have explained that when they do chores, they earn money to buy them. It is a win win!

They both even have been doing their homework with less complaint. I explained to them that the quicker and better they do their homework, the more time they get to play. It has really made a difference. Dax really doesn’t like to waste time during homework now, and even when he has to use the bathroom for any extended time (which is every day for these kids. Sheesh! It’s like they hold up all their poo all day!!) he brings in the folding table and does his homework while sitting on the pot. LOL!!!

Dax also is going through another writing burst. He only has to write like 4 to 5 sentences for his paragraph each night. He tends to write like 12 to 13. I love how motivated he is to write!

Bobby has been getting into more philosophical conversations lately. His spelling words are actually Holiday Names this week, which means he has to write sentences for each. We got to Memorial Day and when he asked me what the day was for I explained how it celebrates the people who died in the service. He was super offended at the use of the word celebrate. I had to explain the grander meaning of the word and we talked about all the people who have died and he has now decided that on Memorial Day he wants to go to the military cemetery in Westwood to pay his respects. Old soul, that kid.

We found out that Bobby also is a choreographer! There is some kind of talent show at the school and a handful of the girls in Bobby’s class are singing and dancing to Call Me, Maybe. I watched some of their dance, and it is adorable. Ms. Jenkins proceeds to tell me how Bobby went on and on in class about how much I would love the song and the dance (which I do) and he was helping the girls and explaining how certain moves should go with certain lines in the song. She said he was a huge help! I am so freaking proud of that kid. I love that he enjoys music to that level.

Of course, it didn’t help Ken’s assumption that he is gay. I keep explaining to him that he shouldn’t use stereotypical actions to decide the sexual preference of our 8 year old. I think that the things he does are just because he has a crazy mother. Both the boys appreciate things on a different level, and honestly, I am taking full credit for that. They understand!

Our yard sale has been scheduled. We are doing it on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. It is the first free weekend we have in forever so it is perfect. Plus, it means I have time to get everything together in order to put it all out. Yay! The piles that are gathering in the house don’t bother me as much since I now have an exit strategy.

Bobby and I have a teeth cleaning appointment this afternoon. It is a pain in the butt if only because it does eat up our afternoon. Wednesdays are crazy days anyway since Ken is at work till late and then heads out again for soccer. The one nice thing about Wednesdays, though , is that I have some time to myself where I can catch up on Mad Men. Yay!

We have a busy weekend ahead of us, too. Friday night the boys are staying at my folks since Saturday is the giant registration day. Ken and I don’t even have plans to go out. I think we will eat leftovers and watch Cougar Town. Registration ends at 2, which means we are there from like 7 am to 3 pm. Long day. My parents will bring the boys to us in the early afternoon and after the long ass day of logging checks, we get to go see Iron Man 3! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday night Ken and I have tickets for the Super Groovy Cartoon Movie. There is also a Q&A after which is with Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes and I think even Ralph Garman. Woo hoo! I made a point of taking Monday off since I know we will be out late. It also means I get Monday to work on going through the house and getting more stuff together for the yard sale.

No comments: