Friday, May 31, 2013

keeping options open

5-31-13

More looking.

In an effort to make sure we don’t miss out on any other options while the dream home is in limbo, we went and looked at a couple of places yesterday. We found one that was actually pretty cute. Huge lot, potential galore, and in pretty decent condition. Two of the bedrooms were even attached via closet which could easily be converted into the boys own personal Narnia room. Either way, we went ahead and okayed an offer on the place just to make sure our foot was in the door.

This appraisal can’t come soon enough for me.

It was not even 5 am and I was already cursing my boss’ name. He is on a roll right now, hell bent on being the biggest idiot ever. Seriously, my patience is being tested these days with people not thinking things through.

Tomorrow we go look at another place. Although it is in Hawthorne, it had appeal since it has a dungeon. Ok, technically it is a basement, but come on. We all know what it is. Ken kept advising me to not use that terminology around certain people. I still feel he is being paranoid in a bad way, and I don’t like being censored quite so much.

I am feeling angry, angsty and feisty these days. It is a combo that makes for a lot of fidgeting. I can’t get comfortable at night, I can’t stay still during the day and ultimately I find myself mumbling like some Carl in Up. I just want to tell everyone to get off my lawn, but this would seem incredibly strange if I were to shout it while not on my porch.

Day 11 is 110 squats. So far this morning I have accomplished 60. I did it in two sets of 30. I need to increase my sets to make sure I get all the squats in. It appears that tomorrow I have a day off. I will try to adhere to these days off since I think it is important when doing this program.

The boys have no more homework at this point, which is awesome. It does mean they are full of energy in the afternoons, but I am sure I can combat this. I am considering filling a bunch of water balloons tomorrow without their knowledge and then run outside with a target on my chest. It is supposed to be hot out, so this seems like a good plan.

Next week will be crazy with it being their last week. I am going to go to Dax’s classroom on Tuesday to help with the pizza party. Friday is their last day, and I am waiting to see what their schedule is like because I will pick them up probably pretty early. They always release them early.
I gotta say, I am really hoping next week will be the last time on campus.


No comments: