Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Don't lock the keys in the car

5-12-15
Well, the busy isn’t going to be all soccer related now.
Dax made the track team, which is freaking fantastic! I am so proud of him. Not sure which events they have him running, but he does have a butt load of practices coming up. Most of the practices are at 8:20 in the morning, so before school. However, every Tuesday starting next week until the 2nd of June he has practice for an hour at Torrance High. I will be picking the boys up after school and heading over to watch, which will be fun. I will have him work on extra homework on Mondays night so that it isn’t a big deal on Tuesdays, and I will work with Bobby at practice so that we can hopefully get most of it done. The meet itself is on the 5th and it looks to be 6 hours long! Whoa! That being said, I get to watch my little speedster kick some ass that day!
I have been busy much of this morning, which I guess is nice since it means the day has been flying by. I prefer it to not knowing what to occupy my time with. I have been fielding AYSO budget questions, entering track schedules and doing a crap ton of actual work, which means I have been a multi-tasking god. Yeah, I kinda rule.
Yesterday seemed to be a cruddy day, and I was actually worried today was starting bad what with me unable to unlock the door at work and managing to squirt perfumed glitter into my eye. I suppose at least I managed to not lock my keys in the car this morning, which is what I managed to do yesterday as I was getting ready to head out to the dentist. I have decided to be positive this morning and know that this afternoon will be good as I get to watch a movie with my mom. Plus, Dax told me he has NO MATH HOMEWORK for this week. Dude, how excited am I??? Bobby’s homework is light this week, too, since testing starts this week. We do need to build Dax’s Indian project, but it looks as though it may not be due till next week. This means we got a decent jump on it yesterday since Dax crafted his clay buffalo already. Woo! We have a trip to Joannes in our future what with us needing cloth for a teepee. Hopefully we can get it all done before Sunday.
We had plans on going to a Lego convention this weekend, but it doesn’t look at cool as hoped, so we will skip that. I think now my plan is to try and go see the Armed Forces Day parade. Not sure yet. Ken hinted at another outing to see Age of Ultron, which I am quite thrilled at. Who knows, perhaps this will be a good weekend of doing nothing! YAY!
I did manage to do one happy making thing yesterday in the form of watching an episode of Mad Men. I found a web site that allows me to watch the episodes. My plan is to now catch up ASAP. With the series finale this Sunday, I think I can manage to watch an episode a night. I have 5 to watch. I might even let Bobby and Ken play GTA while I sit back and watch my show on the iPad. Hell, I don’t mind the small screen and I can chill downstairs. Plus, Friday night looks to be slow, so I should be able to watch multiple episodes if need be.

Ok, I was working on this but got super side tracked. What a shock, right? Sigh. I suppose I will post and get my ass in gear to get shit done. 

No comments: