Monday, May 18, 2015

So busy

5-18-15

Another week, another Monday.

On the plus side, my tushie is all kinds of happy this morning what with it rockin the brand new chair! WOO! It had showed up on Friday and we had considered building it ourselves when we determined not only did it look more complicated than I wanted to deal with, it was 30 minutes before I left and I didn’t feel the need to mess with it. Instead, I was able to walk in this morning and have it all ready. Yay!

I am kinda bummed this morning as an email went out earlier (like 5:30 early) that the safety director was let go. He was a sweetheart and I really wonder what took place. The position is starting to seem cursed what with it going through like 3 people in the last couple years. Makes you wonder what is going on.

This past weekend was filled with movie. We watched Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back along with going and seeing Age of Ultron again. It was nice to have a lot of down time. You would think we would have spent time watching flicks we haven’t seen, though.

Knowing the boys would get bored watching the whole parade, we decided to go up to the parking structure at Del Amo and we watched the fly-bys for the parade. It was a perfect spot for it. We then were able to go down to the exhibits which were right there once they showed up. It was especially nice since during the fly-bys the boys (mostly Dax) were able to hang out in the car and play their video games. It was comfortable, which I think was a huge selling point. They both really enjoying climbing up into the tank, which was fun.

I got caught up on Mad Men only to find that the series finale wasn’t until 10 o’clock last night. This means I am currently in a net full of spoilers. I don’t really care too much since most of the spoilers don’t really ruin it, and if anything have often been helpful in understanding some of the Twi Peaks-esque crazy Mad Men has always delivered. I had plans on doing super cleaning this afternoon (the downstairs needs some work) but I may just sit on my butt and watch the show. As much as I enjoy the program, I am kind of glad it is all done simply because it is one less thing that I feel stressed about keeping up with. Ha!

This week looks crazy busy. Tonight I have to get the boys to not only do their homework, but Dax needs to complete Tuesdays’ work along with probably writing his Native American paper. Hopefully he brings home the instructions so we know how long it needs to be.

Tomorrow is the first track practice off site after school, so this means doing homework with Bobby in the stands, which could prove to be a real pain in the butt. Tomorrow night we are going to the city council meeting were our region is getting recognized, which is pretty damned cool.

Wednesday is more crazy homework with us making sure that the native American display we have mostly put together is good enough to turn in and making sure homework for Thursday is complete.
Thursday has Dax staying till 4 for rehearsals. I haven’t decided yet if I will just drive up there and work with Bobby on homework on campus while waiting for Dax so I can bring them both home or if I have them both just walk home alone. I will need to talk to them about that.

Friday I will work in the morning and will get home in time to go to Open House in the morning. Afterwards I will be able to go to the bank to work on soccer banking stuff. Bleah, but it will finally be getting done.

Saturday morning I take Toph down to Pedro for her spay appointment. It isn’t a huge deal, but I will need to go early to take her. Thank goodness our weekend isn’t too crazy which will allow me to keep an eye on her healing.

With my mom now reading the whole Harry Potter series and the boys being almost done, I may need to get my ass in gear and re-read them all so that I can also join in on some of the discussions that will take place. That should be a lot of fun!


No comments: