Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday Date

5-29-15
I have shouted in the office at least 3 times this morning. It is a good thing it is Friday.
My goodness it is frustrating when your department is the dumping ground for the whole company, especially when we turned in record numbers this past year.  A sales driven company will never appreciate the folks who bring in the money and manage the credit worthiness of customer. We are not the enemy. We are simply trying to keep our company doing well.
I am bummed the local beaches are having issues with tar washing ashore. Manhattan Beach closed its beaches, as did Redondo. It is hopeful it will reopen by tomorrow, but I know there are still warnings to stay out of the water. I am saddened by this because my boys were hopefully going to the beach tomorrow with my folks. This certainly puts a damper on their outing. I know Torrance beach is open but the water warning still stands. Cross your fingers that everything is cleared up by morning!
Once I drop off the boys, Ken and I are going out. The plan is to take him to this sushi place that has those cool little boats that float by with options. I am not a fan of sushi, but he pointed out most places have other things that I can eat such as teriyaki or tempura. I will hopefully find something of interest, but even if it doesn’t work out, I can go next door to get something since the place is near many other places. I am not sure what the rest of date night will entail. With registration tomorrow morning, I don’t expect a late night. Then again, the registration doesn’t start until 10 so we will have plenty of time for sleep so it might be ok.
Toph is still in the cone of shame. I took it off for all of 5 minutes yesterday in a moment of feeling bad for her. Sadly she went right for her incision, so I had to turn her back into sad lamp. At this rate, she will most likely be coned through the weekend.
Summer is fast approaching, so I am hopeful that Sunday I can get the rest of the yard ready for pool placement. We saw some really cool umbrellas at IKEA so I would like to get one of those to put over the picnic bench. I sometimes like to be outside while they swim, but I don’t want to be in the pool. Colorful hair plus pool water do not always mix. It will also be nice if we do pull off the party idea for the 4th of July.

I want to take a flower to the JFK Bidet today. It is his birthday after all. 

No comments: