Monday, April 19, 2010

early early post

4-19-10

I am going to go ahead and curl up under my desk now to take a quick nap. I will be back in 4 hours.

Ok, I know that would not be allowed, but wouldn’t it be nice? I hate being disciplined and staying at work today. I would like to go home, go to sleep for another hour, and be able to relax, then take Bobby to the dentist for his first cleaning, and then we could go to lunch. Hmmm….I may still need to do that. If that is the case, let me update my journal here with my weekend adventures.

Friday night we did a nice dinner at TGI Fridays. I had made a $400 bonus and I wanted to celebrate, dammit! It was awesome! Food there is always good, but not only did I love it, the boys and Ken did, too. Plus, there was a dude doing balloon animals! Awesome all around. We signed up for their frequent customer card, and saw that Tuesdays and Wednesdays kids eat free, so that may become a new favorite.

Saturday was busy. We had several errands to run and then we took the boys to Toys R Us for this Thomas the Train thing. Turned out to be the lamest thing in the world. They had a handful of crayons, a print out sheet of Thomas that kids could color, and the highlight was that they could play with the trains that are normally out on the floor of the toy store. No fucking joke. It was that lame. Luckily, Dax didn’t care and was happy with Thomas no matter what.

After that, we went to the grocery store and were able to get food for our house which was quite needed. Although, I will say when you don’t go to the store, you tend to clean out your kitchen of those old boxes and cans of things you forgot you still had, which is cool.

The boys were already exhausted, so we decided to tire them out even more. So we walked up to the McDonalds for lunch and let the boys run in the playground. We took the wagon, which was a great idea since they were wiped out on the way home.

Saturday afternoon I bathed my dirty dogs. Man, those two pups were filthy. I scrubbed them good. I got soaked in the process, but it was outside and nice out, so it wasn’t a big deal. The washing inspired two little boys to run around the backyard naked while I hosed them down. Luna and Bobby loved the hell out of this game. They loved being squirted and they both danced in the water and almost got upset when I stopped for a second. It was great!

Sunday morning was bowling followed by Disneyland. The only problem with the latter was how fucking hot it was, and how tired we all were. We had some cranky, but overall, it worked out ok. We didn’t do gobs of rides. We did manage to get on the soaring over California ride pretty quickly, which was cool. We also bumped into Buzz Lightyear, which seemed to be the highlight of the day. LOL!

We had to hit up the Lego store so Dax and I wandered down to the Bear store. We ended up getting a dragon carcass so that at some point I will be able to make my dragon, even without a party. We will have to go back since they had these Saber Tooth Tigers that Bobby fell in love with, that they had just sold out of. I might make a morning of taking the boys to get these done. Plus, they had these cool dinosaurs now at that location. YAY!

We got home and played in the yard some more. We cleaned out on of the storage bins so that it now contains the boys’ bikes and scooters. Plus, we tossed a bunch of crap, which rocked. It is a slow going process only because our two trash cans only hold so much. LOL! But we are making progress. There are two more of those to clean, and obviously a garage and attic, but we are doing well.

I also managed to fix my hair. One of the Saturday errands was to the beauty supply store. I picked up some hair color and last night I applied the brown to my roots and grays. It smelled way less gross I thought than the box stuff. Plus, it was a different consistency. It worked great! It is a great blend and I did a really good job. No more grays (ok, there are a few in the back that I missed, but you can only see them if you look) and I am happy with the color. Plus, it was less than a box since the color was like $4 and the developer was only $2. And, if I was to do this myself each time, I could get a bigger bottle of the developer since you only use 2 ounces at a time. I have enough developer for another round, so really, it was even cheaper. Woo hoo! We will see how long it lasts, but at the very least, it should last through Ohio, which is what I cared most about.

While discussing hair this weekend, we were playing around with one of those web sites where you can put celebrity hair on your picture. I am considering a short do with dirty blonde hair for the summer.

At dinner on Friday, Bobby eyed his hamburger and then said to it, “Come to Papa!”

On the way home from dinner, Dax didn’t want to go home. So Ken tells him we can pull over and let him out right there. Bobby burst into tears saying, “No! I love Dax! Don’t leave him!” Dax, in true Dax form, says calmly, “Fine.”

Crap, I can’t leave. I have a meeting today. Bleah. Oh well. I really wouldn’t get any rest leaving at this point, anyway. Then again, the meeting isn’t super important, so I still am considering bailing. Either way, I am going to post this now so I don’t have to worry about it further.

No comments: