Thursday, April 1, 2010

10 years!!!

4-1-10


Happy 10 years!!!!!!!

The only problem with NyQuil is that it leaves me stoned for most of the morning. I am grateful that is cleared up my nose over night. I just hate this feeling of not being able to form a complete thought without drifting off. Seriously, it has taken me about 15 minutes to write all of what I have so far. Normally I would be on page 4.

Ken had some breakthroughs yesterday. Still in gobs of pain, but he was able to finally poo. It was not comfortable and I honestly thought I was going to have to take him to the hospital. His insides finally settled enough to allow him to consume some food and even keep it down.

Dax and I went to the grocery store to see what kind of foods you could get for him. He needed low fiber, no red meat, no dairy foods. It is doable, but then on top of that, finding something that sounded appetizing wasn’t easy since nothing sounded good to him.

Dax was a little diva the whole time. He was demanding and whiny. I tried to keep my frustration in check. No point in yelling at him. He wasn’t listening to me. He was just testing me all afternoon. He was so pissed when he didn’t get his own way. It was funny since when he wasn’t being all entitled, he was charming as could be. He knows how to play it.

Bobby stayed with Ken. Bobby wanted to play Wii, so Ken showed him how to go use the remote to set it all up. Bobby did it all on his own, which I think is pretty damn cool! He is really growing up too fast.

Both boys were angry at me in the evening since I had to play bad guy with putting them to bed and what not. Ken was the peace maker when he played hero by bringing them a glass of milk in bed when he wasn’t even supposed to get up from the couch. I was fine with this since it meant they would go to sleep.

The cold is making my ankle hurt this morning. There is nothing better than an office where you need a fan one day, and a heater the next. Sigh. Lame lame lame. I can’t seem to get warm, either. Granted, much of that is tired talking. I was going to wear my sparky Converse, but I left them in the closet and didn’t want to wake Dax to get them. Plus, my toe hurts way too bad to be in anything other than sandals. I have my barefoot feet in front of my space heater right now.

I am quite excited. The Build A Bear party I want is going to be happy making since the new carcass they are debuting in about a month is a dragon! YAY! It isn’t a duck, but a dragon is pretty strong. I am very happy. I so can’t wait!

I have kept myself super busy all morning. I am very proud. I also managed to not fall asleep. My boss’s birthday happens to also be today, so there was singing and cake, which is always fun. I was super annoyed with his boss, though. He came down to of course say happy birthday and score some cake. He chit chatted with most of the department, but in the grand tradition of where I sit, he didn’t bother to poke his head around. Not even to inquire about the 3 giant balloons hovering over my desk as a beacon for all people who need to waste some time with talking. Sigh. I am annoyed yet relieved. I want him to acknowledge me, yet I also want him to leave me alone. I clearly have the second part.

Now to disappear into the net for a while on lunch.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

egads, first I have to be mindful of the baby poo posts, and now you give us husband poo updates?

LOL!