Monday, April 5, 2010

RIP

4-5-10

Sad news. Ralph Garman, the radio personality that I mentioned on Friday that had twins is not in studio today due to the death of his son, Lincoln. The statement indicated that he had contracted a sudden illness in the hospital and passed early yesterday morning. I know that Ralph isn’t my friend or anything, but this news truly was upsetting. No matter how tired I am this morning, or if some customer is pissy today, at least I can say I am having a better day than him. I don’t wish that sort of thing on anyone. My thoughts are with his family right now. I hope that little Olivia pulls through.

Ok, back to some better news to get out of the sad.

My weekend was good. Friday afternoon the boys and I headed out for the shopping needed. We hit up Target, not realizing that I would end up being able to get not only the Easter candy, but the eggs, too. I had planned on just getting a bag of candy and going to the Dollar Tree for eggs. Target had a box of 50 plastic eggs, already filled. Plus, they had these little boxes that were eggs shaped like little animals, also filled with candy. I was set! It meant one less stop for us.

We also went to the Disney store and got a present for Jordan, Kasey’s daughter. I have to say, it is a little fun to shop for girls, but boys are much easier! LOL!

The drive out to Apple Valley was much longer than I expected. Not bad, just long. I was shocked that in what seemed like the middle of nowhere there were so dang many people! The one main street we drove down to get to her neighborhood was packed! But we got to her place. At first we didn’t know if we got to the right house since there seemed to be no one there. Luckily, we noted the bouncer in the back and knew we were at the right place.

It was only Kasey, her husband, Ken and her brother. The other people at the party were the 5 little girls there, one who was the birthday girl, and 2 were her sisters. The boys saw the bouncer and were happy. So all the kids bounced for a while.

The girls were not nearly as interested in the bouncing as the boys were. They would go inside from time to time, and both Bobby and Dax would ask me where they went. I would say they went inside, and they both would ask, “But why???’

Poor Bobby ran through a screen door, knocking it down. He was more spooked than hurt. Poor kid.

We stayed a couple hours, and then we headed out when the other kids were being picked up. The traffic was even worse coming home! But it wasn’t too bad. The boys seemed tired, but they were still pretty chatty. It may have been from the gobs of cake!

Costco was the destination since I still needed supplies for Sunday. It was crowded, but not nearly as bad as I had expected. Thankfully, the boys were super chipper. I am telling you, if you take a kid to Costco, get them a smoothie and everything is good!

The night, we worked on some of the cleaning, which wasn’t much. The boys went to bed a little late, which was fine since it meant they slept in. Of course, we put out the Easter Bunny’s salad (which would ultimately be eaten by Ratticus) and the boys were excited about Easter the next day.

I got up way earlier than I needed to on Sunday. But it allowed me to dink around on Facebook a bit and not stress. We got the final cleaning stuff done and I got to work on food prep. Ken and Bobby went out to the donut shop and store while I made the eggs, French toast and sausage. Ken got a fruit platter, veggie platter, and some sitcom bread along with dipping sauce, which was awesome!!

Doug and Elizabeth arrived to much fanfare from the boys. When they pulled up, Bobby started yelling, “Uncle Doug is here! Uncle Doug is here!” Totally cool!

We ate and had mimosas which was yummy! Bobby’s eyes were bigger than his stomach. He polished off a donut and two sausage and then proceeded to tackle another donut. He was about half way done when he realized his tummy hurt. He ran crying to me and snuggled up with me while I visited. Dax, seeing Bobby was getting lovey time felt the need to then hang on my back. Very strange kids.

We went out back and the boys searched for eggs. That was entertaining. They loved running around and I think Doug really enjoyed being a part of it.

The rest of the morning was spent just hanging out in the yard while the kids played. We chatted and visited. We had forgotten about the Dish Network tech guy coming, but that was ok. He did his thing while we still hung out.

Doug and Elizabeth left around 3:30. The boys were still wired, so they played and ran around. We were all in the living room when the quake hit. I had been feeling light headed since I didn’t eat too much all day and was out in the sun. I assumed the swaying was me. But it seemed wrong. I looked around and I determined it was a quake. It was about the same time Ken did. We got the boys away from the window and we rode the waves. Bobby quickly tells us that the earthquake drill they had at daycare had them go outside, so I took the boys out to the yard so they were happier. It was quite the quake, and we didn’t even know how big it had been or where it was located. I was not nearly as terrified as I tend to be, although Ken certainly tried to add fear. LOL! He was online showing all the aftershocks and inspired quakes along the fault. Looking at it this morning, shoot, there were so many it is hard to read all the little quake boxes on the map!

The boys were wiped out come bed time. So was I. I couldn’t fall asleep right away, but I did eventually, which was good. I had funky dreams about the alarm going off at work, which was particularly amusing this morning when the alarm wouldn’t turn off.

Ken will need to schedule his colonoscopy for this week. He is hoping for Friday, but I don’t know how far in advance you have to make the appt. But since this is one of those follow up things for an issue, I hope it isn’t as difficult to schedule. He is hoping for the afternoon, but I don’t know when he will get in. He said if it is afternoon, he will take the bus down, and then I will pick him up after work.

I am making lasagna tomorrow night for a pot luck at work on Wednesday. Brandy is coming over and making a vegan one, also, just because. It is fun visiting time, hanging out in the kitchen. LOL! The good news about lasagna is I make a crap load, and then I have left overs for days. Woo hoo!

I keep having muscle twitches above my left eye. Super annoying. They come and go. I wonder what that is about.

My ankle also seems to still be sore. I wonder if the colder temperatures today are adding to it. I have to go out today to get some lasagna pans, and I think I need to invest in one of those sock style ankle braces. That way I have some added support and it isn’t bulky and annoying.

No comments: