Thursday, April 29, 2010

Warning:Lots of random at the end of this

4-29-10

I hate being so sleepy. It makes the work tasks I have today so much worse.

On Tuesday, we went to Bobby’s school. It isn’t perfect by any stretch of the imagination, and after spending so much time in Manhattan Beach schools with Ken during his classes, you can definitely tell the difference in funding between beach schools and LA Unified. That being said, it is fine for now.

There are 5 kindergarten classes. We “met” 2 of the teachers. One was super nice and sweet, the other indifferent. We showed the boys around two of the classrooms, showing Bobby all of the cool things he will get to do. He was pretty jazzed. Then again, I think he was just as excited about the plate of free cookies and the prospect of playing on the playground.

On our way out, the boys and I stopped in the library for their book fair. I used to love those as kids, always begging my mom to let me order gobs of books and posters that has images of kittens in various poses. They had copies of The Mouse and the Motorcycle, which I took as a sign since I had been wanting to pick this up for some time. Bobby was intrigued by How to Eat Fried Worms” so I picked both up. I have read two chapters of the Mouse to Dax, and he really liked it. Unfortunately, Bobby had been sent to bed early two nights in a row, so he lost story time.

I was in reading to Dax on Tuesday when Ken came into the room while on the phone. I wasn’t sure if he was looking for something or needed to talk to me, but he didn’t indicate, so I kept reading. When I came out of his room, he was still on the phone, but then handed it to me. It was Dani! She was in town for a convention for her work. She was at the Gable House and wanted me to come out to say hello. I got dressed and rushed over.

It was a really nice visit. We chatted for a few hours, catching up which doesn’t happen enough. We hung out in the bar for a while, but as it got louder due to a trophy ceremony, we headed out to the alley itself. I didn’t get home till after 11, and even though I was dead on my feet yesterday, I was ok with it since really, when a friend is in town from Texas, you take the time you get!

Luckily, yesterday was report day with no boss, which meant in theory it was supposed to be mellow. It wasn’t, and I even had to speak with the boss on the phone once when he called to check on something that could have waited until today. Sigh. I was so happy to finally get home.

Ken downloaded me a song, and I couldn’t be happier. It is a mash up between Don’t Stand So Close to Me by the Police and Young Girl by the Union Gap. It is sung by Will Shuster on Glee. It has to be probably one of my top 3 songs on Glee so far. Of course, the character and the situation in which he sings it is so great, but the song alone is amazing. I even had my mom listen to it since she has yet to take my advice to watch this show. She promptly bought it on iTunes. LOL!!!

We also put several shows and a movie on iTty for the trip and for other occasions. Ken put Toy Story 2, and 20 or so episodes of Spongebob on there so that if I need to entertain the kids at any point, I have a way to do so. I also still have a season worth of Yo Gabba Gabba on there, so I am set!!

I watched Glee last night, and I was left in a crumpled mess on the floor. It was one of those heartbreaking touching episodes that had me sniffling even after the bong of the Tivo. If I thought about certain scenes I would start to cry again. I turn to Ken to see if he was as moved by this show as I was. He was laughing. Yes, he was cracking up at how weepy I get over a show.

What shocked me was that this was an episode in which I thought that he would somehow kind of have even the slightest bit of connection to. It was all about fathers and sons and the bonds they have and the need for approval and the disappointment when it wasn’t what they hoped. Ken is his father’s son. If anyone should be moved, it should have been him. He didn’t get it.

I am not surprised. As I mentioned before, he has difficulty relating to characters on shows and he doesn’t get sucked in like I do. The other story line was about Mercedes, who is a bigger black girl with a kick ass voice and lots of confidence despite not being the twig size of most of the girls on campus. She ends up being a cheerleader and the coach tells her she needs to drop 10 pounds and she starts to really feel bad about herself. The climax of the episode is her singing “Beautiful” by Xtina. It is truly moving and inspiring and I was a mess. I loved her character for what she was going through. I loved her attitude and I cried for her and I became her in so many ways.

I still wonder if I am the unusual one in this scenario or if Ken is. I get so involved that I almost lose reality whereas Ken can almost not even see the fantasy. Let’s hope our kids can find a good middle ground.

My day is busy. Obviously I have work which has a couple of projects due, but then after work is when the crazy begins. I am going to run over to the Dollar Tree to find some cheap entertainment for the boys for the flight. I am thinking coloring books. Then I have to put the remaining packing things in the suitcase like the slippers for the boys and pack their backpacks. Then get it all in the car and wait for Ken to get home so we can go to the airport. Our flight leaves at 8:15. I am hoping security doesn’t take too long. We have checked bags, and we each have one carry on, so it shouldn’t be too bad. Papa Brenan is picking us up. We should get to the Compound by 11. Then it is a few days of relaxing. Yay!

I am quite pleased with lip stain in general, but I think the one I got is not as great. The applicator keeps drying out. I read some reviews on line that indicated this is a problem. I started storing it upside down and it has helped. I looked online at Sephora and they have several other stains, so I may need to check them out. There is a Sephora at Downtown Disney, so I need to go look. They may not have any in store, but I am a little nervous about ordering them online since it is harder to see the color. But then again, even though they have their little funny names like twinkle berry or stuff like that, Sephora does clarify the shade with normal crayola colors under it. So I may be ok. I am looking for red, so it should be ok.

Charlotte had a baby girl this morning. Very exciting! I just get giddy thinking of all of the fun she will have. The ups, the downs, all of it so very worth while. I am actually a little envious of what she gets to look forward to since thinking back, I didn’t know the journey my boys would put me on. So cool!

I can’t tell if I am having an anxiety attack or dying or just hypochondriacing but I feel like I can’t breathe as well as I should. I have opted to take a Xanax just now to see if that helps. Especially since I just checked my pulse rate and it was normal. Of course, I started playing with the net and found way too many diagnosis ideas, so I quickly closed my browser. Now thinking GERD.

I am considering ducking out early today. Maybe around noon? Not sure yet. I figure it would give me some time to finish up what needs to be ready for today.

Here is a thought for a tattoo that Ken might like. It covers my love for all three of my boys. I need to get a tattoo of a green light saber and a red light saber in an X formation. Dax is green, Bobby loves red, all three love Star Wars. Who’s with me? LOL!

I have all these topics in the news I think I would like to cover right now, but I just don’t have the energy to tackle them. Like the Arizona hoopla with illegals. On one hand, I am all for them rounding up illegals and sending them back to where they came from. On the other hand, I can see how it isn’t the best approach to the problem of our open borders. One reported compared it to the Nazis, which is kind of scary, but I can see the point. Then again, there are idiot reporters who make it even worse. This one guy Ken heard actually said the words, “It is now illegal to be an illegal alien”. Um, I think it was always illegal, we just always looked the other way. Our country make be backwards. We lose money with illegal people, yet we won’t legalize pot which will bring us money????

I don’t want to get all political or sided this morning, so I won’t go more into it. I think there are valid arguments on both sides.

What I really want to do is sleep!!! I am hoping the long day and craziness of travel will tire out the boys so that we can all sleep in tomorrow. The only problem is Dax is like me. We get up early no matter how tired we are. LOL! Oh well.

I am thinking it would be fun to all go see a movie tomorrow. Maybe “How to Train Your Dragon”. It would be cool to go with the grandparents and grandkids. Of course, it is Ken’s day, so we will do anything he wants. That may just be hanging out.

This is the first time I have taken Xanax where I needed to be functional at the same time. They do not seem to work well together. LOL! I feel a little loopy. It has relaxed me, and my exhaustion may have been enhanced from it. Oops. Oh well, at least I can just vege at my desk today.

I wish I wore more slutty stuff when I was younger and thin.

I have a desire for a new piercing. Nose? Tongue? Nipple? Bell Button? Lip?

I am leaning towards acrylic nails.

Is it bad that I have the desire to buy the cute dog accessories at old Navy for my dogs?

I want to go to Venice and smell the incents and ocean and all the trash. I love that smell.

I want to go get a facial.

If I got a pet duck, I think I would like to call her Chloe.

The scream that the boys do seems like it would be an excellent alarm clock sound. It would seriously wake the dead.

My boobs are pretty, despite the sag.

The Nazis sucked.

If I had gobs of money, I am pretty sure I would buy all of the Converse One Star items at Target.

I hate mornings where I don’t get any emails.

One of my fears is having a low turnout at my funeral. Not that I would know, of course, which I suppose is comforting.

I am shocked that fat discrimination groups have not targeted Bob’s Big Boy just for the name itself.

Why are sparkly skulls so cool?

Of course, just about anything sparkly is pretty cool. I am pretty sure I would change to the sparkly version of any product I buy.

I wonder if my friends know how much I love them and rely on them.

I wonder if my kids know.

I wonder if Ken knows.

Is it bad that one of the things I look forward to most this weekend is sitting around with family and drinking wine?

I wonder what would happen if scientists found out that fruits and veggies were actually smarter than dolphins and dogs and stuff.

Why are commercials becoming so creepy? First, the creepy road kill one, now Tostitos has this chick in a cool salsa skirt that apparently is made out of blades. She twirls around, slicing the hell out of various salsa ingredients, thus creating salsa with the salsa. It is scary on many levels.

The moon was so beautiful this morning.

Shania Twain is perty. So is Joss Stone. Ke$sha and Lady Gaga might look to them for how it is done.

I think I may be Courtney Cox. First, I was Monica, and now I am Jules from Cougar Town. Then again, I think I am also aspects of Christa Miller’s characters Jordan from Scrubs, and her character on Cougar Town. Hmm…

I will get a Skeleanimals Dax tattoo. It will happen. I just can’t do it until I think of something cool for Bobby.

OMG-how cute would it be to get them to write their names and have those tattooed?

There is part of me that wishes the business cards I have for work actually got passed around. Now, they just sit and gather dust.

I wonder how many friends of mine have pictures of me on their desk.

Would a beaded curtain be too much to put around my cube?

I miss my Tammy, but am so jazzed I got to talk to her this morning.

I still love my rock star purse. This is a new record for me and purses. Now I just need to get a new wallet. Preferably one that comes with money.

Would popping packing bubbles be as appealing if they were inside a bear?

This day is dragging. On the plus side, it is almost 11, which means if I slip out at noon, I only have a little more of this place! Woo!

Crap, our email has been down for an hour or so. I can’t email my boss to tell him I am leaving early. I hate telling him in person. It requires too much smiling and sweetness, both of which I am lacking in this morning. I think I will make my coworker tell him that I left.

I think I want to read The Sound and the Fury because they mentioned it several times in the show Parenthood.

Dax Sheppard is not as annoying in Parenthood as he has been in previous projects. I am torn on how I feel about this.

Elora Ezra Brenan?

Email is back up. This is better as it means I can email him in a bit. Woo!

Ok, off to heat up lunch.

No comments: