Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Graves and Lasangas






4-7-10

Another day in which I am pretty sure I am here, but it is still up for debate in my head.

Last night, Brandy came over and we had a cooking party. It was a lot of fun! We had dueling lasagnas. I made mine, which when all done will easily feed about 400 people, and Brandy made her vegan style lasagna which she is going to serve tonight when a friend comes over. It was a lot of fun, hanging out, cooking and just visiting. It does make me wish I had a bigger kitchen, but it all worked out pretty well.

Poor Dax. Brandy walked in yesterday while the boys were sitting at their table watching Mickey Mouse. You could see his little head calculate out that last time Brandy came at this time of the day, and most times she might come at this time of the day, it means Mommy is leaving. Poor kid had this though and flipped out, all tears and sobs as he ran up to me. He assumed I was leaving and didn’t even truly believe me when I said I wasn’t going anywhere. He would question it several times through the evening. When I said goodnight, he asked me where Brandy was going and where I was going and then asked where he was going. He also came out to go potty and Brandy happened upon him just about to leave the bathroom. I walked around the corner and he lost it. I felt so bad! But luckily he slept pretty well. He also managed to smile for me, which made me happy.

Bobby, on the other hand, was all smiles and chatty with Auntie B. He showed her the spiders and some toys and chatted it up with her often. It was very cute. I like that he was so social. Sometimes they both get so clingy and shy. Hmmm…kind of like me. LOL! But Bobby has been so much better since he had been talking about going to school. He is super excited about this so I think he knows he will have to be a little brave going into a new situation. He still cries when going to Maria’s, but most of that is just because he would so much rather stay with Daddy who sometimes takes him to class. Bobby doesn’t realize that really, he only has about 2 more months of daycare, then he is done. That will be a big day.

Ken got me an ankle support. It is so much nicer to wear than the ace bandage. At first I was concerned that it was too loose. I put it on and wore it all night until I went to bed. When I took it off, I could totally feel that there had been a difference. So I have it on this morning and hopefully it helps. It fits so much better with my sandals, which is nice. I should be wearing tennis shoes, but my outfit today has to have other shoes. Really, I was supposed to be wearing heels, but I forgot to get them out of my closet. LOL!

Ken also got me the coolest cooking tray ever. It is huge! It is also super nice. It means I can use that for a lot of larger dishes. I made a 3 layer lasagna, which is crazy since I normally only make a 2 layer! Yay! He said they also have one half the size, which is also what I think I need. He has been totally hooking me up in my kitchen. He had gotten me a new giant pot along with the pasta insert, which I used for the first time last night. It was so incredibly happy making. We had found this restaurant supply store that is not too pricey, so I think I may be filling out wish lists there. Who knew I would become such the cook?

I spent so much time online yesterday on the Find A Grave site. I love that site. I was doing searches for the Brenan name in Ohio. I came across quite a few, and a lot in Marietta, which happened to be where we are spending a lot of our time. I emailed the last to my death party and Holly confirmed that many were on her list. The one memorial that was pictured is this incredibly cool, albeit phallic, Brenan monument. It is pretty damn cool.







I am quite excited that this is the cemetery it looks like we will be visiting. It looks based on the picture to be quite beautiful. I plan on getting lots of pics and making sure I mark where everything is.


I now want to go to Somerset and take photos of my uncle and Grandfather’s site since I could then update the web site with their info. They really are the only folks I know that are buried since most people in my family end up in a much smaller box. Or more specifically as part of a tree. Of course, there is also some of the remains of Granddaddy who resides somewhere in my home in a Tupperware. Hopefully we will find him when we are doing the Spring cleaning.

Once I had exhausted my Brenan resources on the Find A Grave site, I started just playing around. They have a list of interesting or unique graves. Holy crap, there are some amazing ones. Some are beautiful. There is one where the tombs are above ground, and on top of the cement slab is this stunning picture of a nude woman lying on the grave. It sounds odd, but it is strangely beautiful,




Then there were the heart breaking, but kind of cool at the same time. This one monument was for a little girl who had passed. They made a statue that is a little girl on a swing and the swing is held up by Jesus. It is kind of cool.



So you can see how I was memorized for way too long on this site. I had to walk away or I might have been on it for another 4 hours. I also wanted to take a couple of field trips to the local cemeteries that have famous graves. I want to go look at pretty ones, too. This may be my excuse finally to go down to the one in Nevada City when we are up in May.

I am also starting to wonder if I perhaps need a nicer camera in general. Kasey had this crazy complex looking one, complete with a giant lens and flash. It was still digital, but it was fancy. I still like my little Cannon that I keep with me, but for certain occasions, I can see how a nicer one would be fun. It also might be interesting to take a photography class. I have to take some electives to finish my degree anyway, so why not do something fun. I enjoyed it in high school. I may end up getting incredibly bored with the technical talk, but then again, that is the stuff I need. Of course, I am not really in a position to get a new camera, but it is certainly something I may start thinking about.

I am feeling like I need to hang out with the boys tonight. The last couple nights I feel like I kind of neglected them. Not sure what we will do. Maybe tonight is the night to make the volcano?







No comments: