Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Twitchy

4-6-10

Nothing like getting hooked on name searches. Papa Brenan had sent an email to Andy, Holly and I regarding the Ohio trip. In it were some areas in which we might be going to for relative searches. So I promptly got on Find A Grave to do a quickie search on the Brenan name in Ohio. I found a bunch, and sent the link to the fellow travelers. Then, I was curious if I could find graves of folks I know. I looked up my uncle’s cemetery, which is also the same spot my grandfather is at. Neither of them are listed, which means next time we go to Pennsylvania, I need to take some pics of the graves and post them. In my searches for the cemetery for them, I came across my cousins, and wondered if they had things like Facebook. So for the last hour, I have been Googling random relatives in the hopes to come across some of them. LOL! Clearly I am the correct person for this trip. I am going to document the hell out of where we are. I need to make sure to make notes of each plot, along with birth date/death date and if possible, any other info so I can not only upload it to Find A Grave, but we will have accurate records of where family is. I should ask my dad if there is anyone in our family that might be in Ohio. If we are there, might as well look, right? I am not aware of anyone on my mom’s side, but I will ask her, too.

The anxiety about the trip as subsided for now. I am letting the excitement take over. I am a little concerned at being a tad bored, but then again, it is cemeteries and libraries and hall of records. I can’t imagine it will be all that dull. I am trying to do some research before hand to make sure I check out certain things while there. I wonder if there are celebrities. I wonder if there are significant historic points of interest. I need to do some Ohio searches.

Ken was hoping to schedule his colonoscopy this week, but it is not likely. He still has to wait for referral paperwork. So it may not happen until next week at the earliest. This kind of sucks because had it been this week, he would not have class to schedule around. But we will figure it out, I am sure.

I was having Bobby try on this button up shirt we had for him to see if it fit. It was still a little big, but it looked nice. Bobby then says to me, “Fancy pants, right?” Hee hee! I love that my kids use my phrases.

I decided to read Caps for Sale to Dax a couple days ago. I remember being fond of it as a kid, so I thought perhaps he would like it. Despite the book being kind of lame compared to my memories of it, Dax LOVED it. He has had me read it each night, and has been carrying it around with him, looking through it himself. It is pretty cool, actually, just because I love it when the boys attach to a book. Dax does it a lot. Hopefully they will be big readers when they get older.

Uh oh. I am rocking the boat this morning. Ok, look, I am frustrated. Since the layoff almost a year ago, there have been changes that have decreased productivity. Most of it concerns my job. My department has to rely heavily on other departments for things like credit or return authorization. Yet when we try to get these things done, we jump through hoops of fire, and often, we are ending up in a tiger’s mouth. I am tired of having to tell my customers that my company just isn’t organized. So this morning, I sent an email to rally the troops in my dept to see about a meeting with the boss and the boss of other departments in order to hopefully fix the current situation. Let’s see how this goes.

Sigh. It has been one of those days. You know the one where you realize that you know more than your boss. In addition to knowing more, your colleagues also know that you know more and hope that in times of crisis (or just general confusion), that you will step up and make it all better. I am a mom at home and at work. The only difference is the band aids I use at home are much cuter.

Thankfully things seem to be settling here. With one situation under control and the other hopefully being met about shortly, my day is slowing down. It will be good since I noticed an increase in eye twitches today.

The funny thing is, I don’t feel overwhelmed stressed. I mean, sure, I feel a little extra stress, but nothing that is killing me. I wonder why the eye twitching. Is it just a little release? Is it not related? Is it me being tired? What is it? I am not worried. Just curious.

No comments: