Tuesday, April 13, 2010

morning blog

4-13-10

I don’t believe the web site predictions that there is going to be a giant earthquake today, but I can tell you it makes me pretty freaked out. I don’t know that we are as prepared as we should be. Prescriptions need to be filled, we don’t have enough bottled water and right now we are out of milk. Of course, we can probably make our way to my parents house. They have enough water to last through about 4 natural disasters. I also feel pretty confident that we as a city will do ok in an Earthquake. Sure, it is filled with a lot of idiots, but I think we will do ok.

I am leaving the office at noon today. Bobby and I have a dentist appt. He doesn’t really, but I am hoping to squeeze him in for a mini cleaning. Either way, I will also be making him his appt. Since I am leaving early, I know the day will drag.

Yesterday was super pleasant. I got home with a raging headache, which I know doesn’t sound happy making. It wasn’t. But with the help of some meds and last week’s episode of 90210, I was feeling much better.

I retrieved the children and we played out back. Dax climbed on the banana swing and got it to go all by himself, and really high. I was super impressed. I spent some time trying to teach Bobby how to swing by himself on the regular swing. He was doing pretty good. I gave him a slight push in the beginning and he maintained a pretty good rhythm. Eventually, both boys were on the banana swing together and they kept it going super high on their own for about a half an hour. It was awesome! I was pleased with their progress, so I hung out with them and played with the dogs a bit.

I made dinner for the boys and they were cheerful and sweet and ate with no incident. They went out and cleaned up the backyard for the gardeners and got ready for bed with very little lip. Bobby decided to not have a story read and instead played a video game with Ken. With me, he cackled and giggled to this game on Nick.com that makes these little kids sneeze themselves into the air. It was pretty funny.

Poor Dax was sore from the swinging and just in general. He couldn’t get comfortable. I ended up going in his room and laid down with him and sang. I stroked his head and hands and he was clearly losing the fight to sleep. It was super cute. He settled in and was asleep a few minutes after I left the room. Woo hoo!

I have decided the party is off. Too many bills that need our attention. I can’t spend money on a frivolous party.

Glee is back tonight!!!!!! YAY!!!!! I am so excited. Sure, I have seen this episode already, but I am ok with that. The one we saw actually is being edited different for tv, so I am curious about the changes. Plus, since it is back, it means more new episodes next week and the week after. WOO HOO!!!

I have recently been wearing pants and skirts that are super long. I am starting to wonder if that is a bad thing. Dresses seem to be one thing, but the jeans are a bit of a problem. Is there such a thing as too long? I know they drive Ken nuts because of course the fabric at the bottom of the garment gets all torn up from dragging on the floor. But I just love them for some strange reason.

I have determined that I am about to be swamped until I leave. I guess I will post this now.

No comments: