Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Meetings!!

4-21-10

My ankle hurts. A lot. Not as bad as last night, but it does hurt. I wore boots today. I had planned on wearing my robo brace under it, but it didn’t work well. So I just wore boots hoping they would give me support. Not so much. Thankfully I am sitting most of today.

I was good and didn’t stay up to watch Glee, even though I so wanted to. I knew sleep was needed. I did watch AI and was shockingly moved by Mama Sox’s performance. It was inspirational week, which meant songs that I guess were meant to inspire you. Not so much for most of the songs. Only 2 were good. Mama Sox, though, damn. It was amazing. She broke down crying at the end, which honestly, made me cry. It was so cool. For not being happy with this season, I am hooked.

I have to prep for multiple meetings this week. I have one this morning and 2 tomorrow. Luckily, 2 of them are easy. One of them tomorrow, though, is a big pain in the ass. There is a huge agenda, lots of folks involved that are going to whine and a couple of managers that don’t know how to resolve conflict. Sigh. I may be the voice of reason, which will be a tough balancing act since I have to force what we want while being sensitive to the other departments’ needed.

While I was driving the boys to my parents’ house yesterday, I was amused at the conversation behind me. Bobby had done something to piss off Dax. I didn’t hear what it was, but Dax decided to let Bobby know what happened.

Dax: Bobby, you have to listen to my story. You hurt my feelings when you did that.
Bobby: I am sorry, Dax. I won’t do it again.
Dax: Ok, Bobby.
Bobby: Because I love you, Dax.
Dax: I love you, Bobby.

OMG!! It was the cutest thing ever. They then proceeded to discuss the plans for going over to Grandma’s and what they would do there. It was crazy how grownup it all sounded. There was no yelling, only calm across the board. Super cute.

I was proud of myself last night. As I was telling Bobby goodnight, this big ole Daddy Long Legs comes walking down the wall towards his pillow. Knowing I would need to remove it, I calmly said, “Hello!” to the spider. Bobby looked and jumped back for a second. I told him it was a nice spider which made him instantly at ease and super excited. I tried to get it on a book to get it out before Monarch got him. He dropped to the floor, but Bobby saw him instantly and we put a can over him. Bobby then asked if we could put him in a jar. So we went and looked for one and managed to put him in the jar. He was so excited. And I didn’t flip out! YAY!

No comments: