Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Colonoscopy-not super exciting

8-4-10




I wish I could write a whole long detailed blog about the colonoscopy, but quite honestly, it was all pretty boring. I was hoping for a goofy drugged out Ken. Instead, he was only groggy. However, I can at least offer up some fun facts.



The first, and most amusing to me was that after the procedure, when Ken was not really coherent, the nurse is telling us (mostly me) that he is not to do certain things like drive or work for the rest of the day. She went over food and other do’s and don’ts. Then she says, “Don’t let him sign anything important today. No getting the Mercedes today.” Seemed reasonable. Of course, a mere moments after this statement, she has Ken sign this document. Sigh. Seriously, lady? Or I suppose after care is not important.



I was able to be there when Ken got his IV, but they kicked me out before he was drugged. It was surreal to see Ken in a hospital gown. I am accustomed to being the one looking up, not looking down at someone in a room like that. LOL! He was a trooper, though, and the good news was that he is healthy! No bad stuff and he doesn’t have to do this again until he is 50. Woo hoo!



My morning was a whole lot of driving. I took Bobby to my mom’s at 6, then back to take Ken and Dax, then take Dax back, then back to Ken, then take Ken home, then go get Bobby, then go back to my folks’ with Dax and Bobby, but not after I had a nap. LOL!



I was amused that when I was in the waiting room, Bobby called me to ask me how old his teddy bear was and what his birthday was. He called me again when I was in with Ken before procedure to ask if he could play the Wii. LOL! He is getting good at the phone thing.



I thought I had more work this morning based on the paperwork I had and the emails. However, I find myself being almost caught up. Yay!



$600. If I can earn an extra $600 I can buy all the shoes I liked at this web site I found that has the cutest shoes ever. LOL! Yeah, cause that is practical. At the very least, I think I need at least one pair now. Perhaps a treat for me is in order. I need to earn it, though.



OMG-so excited! Netflix has informed me that in my mail box today will be a copy of HOT TUB TIME MACHINE!!!!! It is the only thing getting me through today.



Ken’s cell phone is having issues again. Is this the phone gods telling us to really start to look into getting iPhones?

No comments: