Monday, August 2, 2010

Peace, Love and Twix Bars

8-2-10




A pretty good weekend all around.



On Friday, I left work with ice cream! Our president at work had sent over a case of it to our department. At our meeting on Thursday, one of the jokes we made with him was that he was supposed to have gotten us ice cream. He wrote it down on his notebook and sure enough, he followed through! Very classy!



I picked up the boys and headed to my parents’ house. They had got the boys a couple of furry wolf hats that were insanely cute. So I pull out my trusty camera to snap a shot and the camera doesn’t turn on. What the hell?? I noticed the front panel was loose, so I was sure it was broken and I was sad. I promptly posted that it was dead and Ken responded immediately. I told him what happened and didn’t hear back from him.



We finished our visit and Ken and I texted that we would meet at the house. I pulled up and he was outside watering. He then gestures to me to let him drive, which I couldn’t understand why. I was slightly cranky by this time, which would turn out to be PMS related, and I was frustrated.



As I climbed back into the car on the passenger side, Ken pulls out a brand new, shiny red camera for me. Turned out, he went and got me a new camera when he found out mine wasn’t working. Awesome!!! He figured that I would want to play with it, so he would drive for me. Hee hee!



We went over to the mall to see about getting Ken some shorts at Hot Topic. Unfortunately, they were in the midst of some kind of changes and they really just had nothing on hand. It was crazy. Ken did manage to find an awesome shirt, so we did use the coupon we had, which was cool.



Dinner was at Hometown Buffet. Yet again, another coupon. I am all about the coupons.



Saturday morning we went over to the So Fresh Market where the Kidgits event was. It was a 60’s event, so I of course went in as much hippie as I had. I was a little disappointed that these days, that isn’t much.



We ended up wandering the So Fresh Market since there were gobs of freebies in the form of coloring books and samples. My parents showed up since they were getting corn. The boys played in the “down time tent”, which they loved. They had little dollhouses and bath foam. They were letting the kids “wash” the houses. Very cute.



After the mall, we headed over to IKEA. We were looking for a replacement for the lighting fixture in the bathroom. It occurred to us that their little play area babysitting service was actually something the boys qualified for. We went over, a little concerned they wouldn’t like us leaving them, but I am not even sure they said goodbye! They were thrilled. Ken and I then had an hour of kid free shopping.



As if the free kid entertainment wasn’t enough, they were having a promotion then for a free kids meal. We decided to have lunch there. They got a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a cookie and a drink, Ken and I got lunch, and it all cost about $10! YAY!!! Bargain! Plus, the boys LOVED the play room. Last night when I asked them their favorite part of the weekend, both of them told me the play area was the best. I guess we will be shopping IKEA more.



We got home and the boys played in the pool. It was gorgeous out, so this was a wonderful idea. They had a blast. I also was able to play with my new camera. Ken got a spectacular shot of Bobby that was just breathtaking. This camera rocks!



The boys started to get cranky from lack of nap and being hungry around 4:30. I made them some dinner and they got in the tub to warm up. I was really hoping that the combo of water, playing, sunshine and full bellies would get them to sleep instantly. Instead, Dax was up most of the night.



Ken and I watched Couples Retreat, which was not nearly as funny as I had hoped. Yet some of the funny moments were so funny, it made up for those slow times.



Sunday morning was a tired morning for all of us. None of us slept well, so bowling was a challenge. I think that I need to start vetoing bowling mornings when we seem super tired.



Unfortunately, we needed to go to the store after bowling, and the boys were clearly restless and cranky. But Ken needed his liquid draino for his procedure, so we needed to get all of that in place.



Thankfully, I was able to make them a nice, warm, happy making lunch and get them to nap for a few hours. Woo hoo!! This meant that Ken and I could vege out for that time. Of course, we didn’t just sit around, as there were some chores to be done.



It also was hard to relax since my foot keeps cramping up. The foot that has the Plantar Fasciitis seems to be angry with me, and it wants to completely cramp up or at the very least, pop, but it just won’t. It is super annoying.



Ken suggested the pool since it might stretch out my foot. It was nice in there, and Ken even got in the pool. The dogs joined us, which was way fun. We also discovered that Luna will go underwater! It was amazing, really. She would locate her toy by feel, then dive down. She wasn’t perfect, but it was still really cool to watch.



Bobby got up and came swimming with us. That kid is such a fish! Unfortunately, the weather changed to windy and overcast, so it was getting cold. We didn’t stay in too long. We managed to clean up the yard for the weekend and made it gardener/sprinkler friendly and headed inside.



Ken and Bobby played some Wii, while Dax watched. I decided to make enchilada casserole for Ken since it would be his last real meal until Tuesday. I also then was able to really get the kitchen in order. Ken had started it, and I finished it up.



After dinner, and while the boys were watching a movie, I decided to take a bath. I had been wanting to for a while, and I thought soaking my foot would be good. Might as well soak my whole body, too! I also had recently come across my bath tub pillow, and it seemed like a nice idea to soak. I poured in some of the kids’ bubble bath and settled into heaven.



I was in there for maybe 5 minutes when Bobby came trotting in and then bursting into hysterical giggles. He then ran out and brought back Dax, who also was tickled pink. They were amused that mommy was in the bath, and not them. Plus, I had gobs of bubbles. Ken came in, also, and it became family bath time even though only I was in the tub. The boys played with all the bubbles. I had turned on the jets, which helped make more. My relaxation was a playground, which was really fun!



I got out, and the boys took advantage of my bubble tub. I also took advantage of this, and snapped several fun pics. Bobby was really enjoying getting completely sucked into the bubbles and hiding in them.



I know we turned in kind of early, but I just have had such a problem sleeping lately. I don’t know what it is. I never had this problem before, so I am confused. I am considering getting some sleeping pills to see if that helps. Seriously, I am wiped out again this morning. It has been suggested I get my eyes checked and do a sleep study. I may need to soon. It is getting frustrating.



I found myself reading random old school books to the boys. Since they got their little wolf hats, I had them wear them while I read Where the Wild Things Are. Bobby totally enjoyed that, and Dax liked the idea of a story being about him. I did change the kid’s name from Max to Dax, which seemed reasonable to me. I also read Goodnight Moon to Dax, who shockingly loved the hell out of it. It was strange all around since I don’t really care for either book, and they really liked them.



We found 2 cool houses. Quite by accident, really. One is on Carson and we happened to pass it on Friday. We stopped since it looked empty. It is really quite cool in how large it was. 2 story, cool stairs that the kids could look through the banisters for Christmas Morning, and an ok yard. It is on a busy street, but it was interesting all around. We looked it up and it is 4 bedroom, 3 bath. Wow! Lots of space.



We rounded the corner to head home, and there is was, the cutest little house ever! Lots of trees, a corner lot with the one street being a short dead end street, and the main street being pretty quiet. It is walking distance to a park, the school, and really, other parks and lots of stuff. We looked this up, and it has 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, and is super freaking cute, and kind of affordable. Of course, we are not in any position to do anything about it. Then again, with Maryann promising money soon, who knows. She even came in this morning telling me one of the deals closed, so money may come this week. She told me last week she would love to help me with a down payment on a place, so wouldn’t it be cool if these stars align? So everyone, please think good thoughts my way!



I jammed my fingers on the bowling ball on Sunday. So now my pinky and my ring finger on my right hand hurt when I bend them. It is not cool. It also makes it harder to flip someone off. I do not like that this action is being compromised.



Wow, nothing like getting swamped for a few hours. On the plus side, time flew by. On the negative, I neglected some email! Grr!!

No comments: