Tuesday, August 31, 2010

yeah

8-31-10




I love my iPhone, but I do have one complaint. I wish it would vibrate more or just be louder. I keep missing texts and calls on it.



I set out yesterday afternoon to get me some earrings and a necklace that looked like a disco ball. I had seen them on the Forever 21 site and thought they would work well with my dress for Saturday. I was going to take Bobby, but he didn’t want to go. Stephanie said she would meet me there with Sabrina, so I mentioned this to Bobby and he was instantly in. Ken stayed with Dax. I didn’t tell him about Sabrina since I knew both boys would want to go (even though I had mostly been ok with that), but I did mention mall and just as Bobby had done before he knew of his shopping companion, politely declined. Turns out my boys are not as keen on shopping as they used to be, unless of course a pretty girl is involved.



On the way there, Bobby had a much more cheery conversation with me than normal. It tends to always be death related. This time, however, he asked me where he would live once he got married. He also told me he wasn’t sure who he would marry yet. He said he had not met her yet. So cute! He also asked me what you are supposed to do after you are done with all the kissing. I asked him what he thought Daddy and I do. He then replies, “Work.” Well, at least I didn’t have to have the sex talk.



The four of us hit up Forever 21, which is way fancier than I remember back in high school. That being said, I was quite impressed with it. They even have a plus sized section that had quite a few, inexpensive items that I really liked. I considered this one red and black shirt, but ended up opting to wait on it.



We also found that they have kids’ clothing. Stephanie found a bunch of cute things for Sabrina and I found a shirt that was perfect for Dax. It had a killer whale on it saying, “Watch out for the Orca!” This is significant since Dax doesn’t call them killer whales. He calls them Orcas, and loves them. When I showed him the shirt, he was thrilled.



We headed upstairs (yes, this store had an upstairs!) to look at accessories. I found the disco ball necklace, which although was wonderful, it wasn’t without some flaws. The biggest one being that I could not locate the earrings to go with it. Normally, this would not be a deal breaker, but in this instance, I had my heart set on the whole ensemble, and since I was trying to be a sensible shopper, I did not get it. I did find a pair of fun earrings, though, that I did get. They had a lot of fun jewelry. I debated on several items. I will need to go back at some point.



I loved that Bobby was helping me shop. He was looking at dresses and jewelry, calling me over and pointing out something awesome and saying, “Mom! Look at this! This is pretty strong!” Hee hee!



After Forever 21, we headed over towards Old Navy. We stopped in Victoria’s Secret, where I discovered that the guy at Forever 21 had forgotten to remove the security tag on Dax’s Orca shirt. Grrrr…



While Stephanie tried on some items, I took the kids over to Lane Bryant to look around. I think I was a little relieved that I didn’t find anything. As much as a great shopping outing is grand, I didn’t want to spend gobs of money.



We hit up Old Navy, which has changed since last time we were there. Things had moved around and it was a little off. But we did discover several things, including Halloween costumes for the kids. Bobby liked the slice of Pizza and the skeleton costume. I know that Bobby has his heart set on a General Grevious costume, so rather than just getting him one of those, I told him that we should hit up some Halloween stores first before he settles. He agreed.



I found a couple of dirt cheap tank tops that I love so it was a happy day. I was a little bummed that it looked like they have gotten rid of some of the dog accessories. I was hoping to get the pups some cute collars for the trip. I know, I am lame. I am one step away from dressing them up in costumes on a daily basis. I say daily basis since I am still considering getting them costumes for Halloween. LOL!



I was very proud of Bobby when he managed to not have a fit when I asked him to hang out with Stephanie and Sabrina while I ran in to get the security tag removed. He was surprisingly good about it. Yay!



I have just been informed that the disco ball ensemble is at the Lakewood location along with the guitar necklace for Bobby. I think a Lakewood mall shopping adventure is in store for Wednesday night! Who’s with me!



The boys were quite good last night and we let them stay up a little later than normal. It was all good since they fell asleep pretty well. Dax, though, woke up a couple times last night with nightmares, which makes me sad.



We forgot to lock up Luna last night. She had put herself away and we didn’t remember to close her crate. When I got up, I expected to find puddles and the remains of food stolen from our counter. I was pleased when I didn’t see any signs of destruction. Of course, I didn’t look a lot, but still, it looked like she was my good girl. I reserve the right to rescind that statement until after I talk to Ken.



I have a dilemma. Ok, it isn’t like life and death, but it is one of those things where I have to make a decision.



Maria tells us yesterday that they are going to do a mini graduation ceremony for the 3 kids that are going to kindergarten this year. Kenny, some other dude, and she was hoping Bobby could come for the ceremony. They want parents there, too and they would like the boys to bring “gifts” for the other graduates (basically things from the 99 cent store) and then they will wear their hats and all that jazz. I love this whole thing, except that it is on Friday.



See, on Friday, I was hoping we could get out of town by noon, making us at the Compound by 9ish. This ceremony starts at 1:30. It will probably be an hour. It means we won’t get out of town until closer to 3. That gets us at the house around 1 or 2 am.



On one hand, it means we would be leaving close to the time that we would have to leave if I worked all day. We had already planned this so it isn’t like it is way later or anything. Plus, it means I could work half day, get home around noon, pack the car, do the graduation, and head out.



Then there is the fact that Bobby already had his ceremony. It would be better if we could leave town earlier for the sanity of the kids as well as the parents.



So I have to consider this today as I don’t want her thinking we are coming if we are not. She told us this info in front of Bobby, who was quite jazzed, so I am thinking we almost have to do it. I do like the photo op.



It smells like pancakes in there. Not sure where it is coming from but it is happy making.



Ken downloaded some music last night. I was able to pick a few songs as well. I now have Lady Gaga on iTty. Wow.



I also got one Lily Allen song, but I need more. I will have to snag the CD from Scotty this weekend and make a copy. There is a version of the song I downloaded done by the Glee cast. I did feel a hint of betrayal when I opted for the Lily Allen version. Don’t’ worry, Glee. I still love you!



I am feeling a little Mama Bear like today. I think it will intensify as the week progresses. It is in anticipation of possible things this coming weekend. I know that the party is for Nate and Kristie, which I am excited about. That being said, there will be multiple kids there. I am putting this out there right now. If I get the sense that the kids other than my boys get more attention from their own grandmother, I will have a fit. I am tired of watching my kids get kind of ignored while around their paternal grandparents. I know that they are older, so therefore their cuteness has worn off compared to the 2 little girls who are 3ish. But I refuse to have them passed over simply because they are not the same kind of dainty.



I am pretty sure this is a big reason as to why I chosen to dress the boys up in the outfits. Don’t get me wrong, my boys are fashionable. But this is an occasion in which it isn’t necessary.



I have a big, possibly heated meeting in about 30 minutes. I am hoping my feisty keeps up since I would like to yell and holler. I just hope my boss allows it and that I don’t just scream but make some good points. I am feeling articulate at the moment, so it may work in my favor.



I am wearing my ear cuff today and I am surprised that it is starting to be a little uncomfortable. I suppose I don’t wear something on my ear like this a lot. It isn’t heavy, just different. I love it, though.



Meeting was awful, but we made it through it. On the plus side, it was an hour and a half, which means I am that much closer to being home. LOL!



Ken took the boys to see Avatar. I really hope that Dax makes it through.

No comments: