Monday, August 16, 2010

Lots of sap, so be careful

8-16-10




I left iTty at home. I may go into solitaire withdrawals.



What an insanely busy and productive weekend! On Saturday, we cleaned out what was Bobby’s room and transformed it into Bobby and Dax’s bedroom. Ken raised the bunk bed and Dax’s bed was moved in and we cleaned up the room to be just a bedroom, no longer a place of play. Dax’s old room now contains all of the toys the boys own.



The playroom is a work in progress. I did manage to make space to walk in there and did some preliminary sorting, but I have a lot of work ahead of me. I am tempted to not organize too much more and maybe spackle the wall and get it painting prepped so that we can work on that soon. Then we can organize. Not sure yet, though.



Saturday evening, Sabrina came over for a few hours while Stephanie and Dave went to a family function. It was good that the boys were pretty tired already since they mostly behaved. The kids all watched a movie while eating, and then Sabrina and Dax went out back to play. Bobby came out a little later, and the three of them had a lot of fun together. I had been running with them, but my foot was getting sore, so I devised a game in which I could sit.



Sabrina came across the Christmas light dog toys and declared them magic seeds. I ran with this, and decided I was a magic tree who had presented each of them with their own magic seed. I then started sending them on quests to find certain toys in the backyard. They were all shockingly digging it. Sabrina kept calling me “BobbyDax’s mommy tree”. Awesome!



We went to bed late that night. The boys stayed up after Sabrina went to bed. But it was ok since they helped Ken set the kits for Sunday’s birthday party. It meant when they shuffled into the new bedroom, they were beat and passed out rather quickly.



It was a shame, really, to get them up for bowling. They both looked so comfy. I rubbed Dax’s arm to wake him, and it was cute to see him smiling in his sleep.



While Ken was at the birthday party on Sunday, I worked on the playroom. Right after Ken got home, I got a call from Doug who was in the area. He came over and hung out with us for the afternoon. He even went in the pool with the boys and I, which was way fun.



Once again, I got to bed way later than I probably should have being that I was (and am) super sore and tired.



This week I have to continue to make progress to get the house ready for some company. Not that we are doing a real party for Dax, but I figure with a handful of folks coming over for BBQ and cake, we should make the place look decent.



Ken is taking the boys bowling in the morning. I have been on the fence about going with them. On one hand, I love the idea of sleeping in tomorrow. On the other hand, I feel as though I should save my days of being bad on a better day.



I have no focus today. I am seriously considering going and sleeping in the bathroom. Although, honestly, I wonder if anyone would notice if I disappeared for an hour and slept in my car.



I need to hit up Costco and JoAnn’s on Friday night. I think that Dax and I will head over to the latter of those when I get off work. I also still need to get over to Toys R Us. Man, busy week ahead of me, too! When does it all stop?



Another funky dream last night. I know that there were people there from my geeky friend past. I showed up to visit with them, knowing they would all be busy working on electronics and projects. Greg answered the door and seemed genuinely happy to see me. I know I was flattered by this, and couldn’t believe that he would still want to talk to me. I found Dani, who was also there, to tell her this. She was happy for me, too. Then Ed bumped into us and he was telling us about how he had moved and how happy he is.



Later on, I do remember driving, and doing it poorly, but that the people who I cut off were friends.



In a strange scene, I was talking to Greg, and I knew that in the dream he and I had dated at some point. I kept being distracted with talking to him, though. Out of the corner of my eye, another person (I think a friend, but I don’t remember who it was. Everyone there was a person from my life) approached Ken. I had not known he was there, and I am not trying to be all mushy, but seriously, I couldn’t take my eyes off of him. I was looking for any possible excuse to be able to go talk to him. I guess we were not together yet. I don’t know the deal. All I know was that I would have knocked everyone down if I could to get over to talk to him. When I finally did, I almost felt shy and nervous. It was like I was next to a rock star. Then he talked to me, and I am telling you, I about melted. He had this confidence that just wooed the shit out of me. I don’t remember much else, but it was one of those really wonderful dreams in which I was quite happy to wake up from only because I knew Ken was there in my bed.



Ok, enough with the mushy, sappy crap. Sorry, y’all. Sometimes a chick just needs to gush about her man.



I am a little jealous right now. Ken is taking the boys to the zoo. He said it was day 1 of the 3 day Dax birthday bash. I know he is taking them bowling tomorrow. I don’t know his plan for the actual birthday. I had assumed he would go to daycare just because they end up having a little party and I would make cupcakes. Either way, I do wish I could join them, but I also understand that Ken needs his daddy time with them. I don’t need to be there for everything. I just like to be around them when I can. I love family time.



Well, and in reality, I shouldn’t be walking the zoo. My heel is really bugging me to the point where I need to get some good tennis shoes this week to provide me with some good arch support. I have been doing all this house work barefoot, which isn’t good for my foot. I just need some simple, good arch shoes. I may even get an arch support insert for it. I saw that Sketchers had some sandals like mine that have arch support, so I am tempted to go try them on. I must do something. At the very least, I would like something for Sunday when we go to Disneyland.



Maybe if I wasn’t such a fat ass, my foot would not be as mad at me. LOL!



I am hoping Ken brings my babies by work on the way home from the zoo. If he doesn’t, it is no big deal. I just love showing them off!



I can’t believe Dax is almost 4. Seriously, it is just crazy to me. I have not been pregnant in almost 4 years! I loved being pregnant so much. How has it been so long? It is cool that Dax still sleeps wit the Boppy. It makes me feel like he really did love that nursing time. Bobby starts school in like a couple weeks and also soccer. My babies are becoming real kids right before my eyes. It is freaky.



Turns out, Ken has been working on teaching Dax the planets song. He knows all the planets in order! It seems like something he should know being that he will soon rule the universe.

No comments: