Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy Lunch Surprise

8-6-10




I have been under the impression that I have been breaking out on my neck and arms. I was confused, though, since they were not normal zits. I got this giant bump on the back of my neck last night, so I had Ken take a look at it. After investigating it, we determined these bumps have actually all been bug bites. Turns out the summer bugs have been feasting on me while I sit out back. Wonderful.



Yesterday afternoon was productive. I decided to clean the side of the house. I gathered up more of the garage recycling so Ken could break it down. I then swept up all of the leaves and debris. I swept a few times when the scattering of critters sent me screaming. I was not surprised to see roaches the size of Luna (actual size may vary), but I was spooked in such a girly way it was almost embarrassing.



Bobby, who had been in the pool at the time, wanted to know what all of the shrieks were from, so he opted to come look at the menacing bugs. He and Ken took the time to check out the roaches up close, which made me ill just to watch from a distance. Lycos at least stood by my side, and seemed genuinely concerned for my safety. Luna was too busy chasing a shadow to be bothered with loyalty at the moment.



I resumed cleaning, having scared most of the vile creatures off. I did scream a few more times, but I would like to point out that by the end of it, some of my screaming was, “Die, Mother Fucker!” So at least I stopped sounding like a 50’s housewife who saw a mouse.



The driveway cleaning was good as it got us into the two containers which we determined mostly had Virsil crap in it. Ken agreed we could clean those out. I would like to possibly use one as a toy shed out back, and the other can be for other items. We measured and it appears that we can move the trailer back farther than originally assumed. Of course, it means getting rid of the PT, which hopefully is in the works.



After my manual labor, I hung out and played with the dogs and watched the boys in the pool. It is amazing how exhausting it is to sweep up crap, break down sheet rock, put all of the stuff in the trash can and to kill bugs.



I made dinner and the kids bathed. Ken worked on laundry. I even made a cake, which was inspired by this song on our They Might Be Giants CD the kids love. There is a song about a bunch of 7’s (yes, as in the number) come to a house demanding cake. It cracks us all up, and it seemed appropriate to make cake. Ken helped me add cool crumbs and sugary goodness to it since he is Mr. Baker.



While I was tucking Bobby in for bed, I told him he could help me with taking down the wallpaper in the hallway in order to paint. His first question was concerning what picture was I painting in the hallway. LOL! I explained I was actually painting it all one color. I told him I was thinking of yellow. He looks at me very serious and says to me, “I don’t think our house would do very well in yellow.” I backtracked, explaining it wasn’t like a bright yellow. ‘Oh, so not like the duck yellow up there?” he said, gesturing to the numerous stuffed ducks on his shelf. I quickly searched through his story books to find the pale yellow I was considering, to which he decided was actually an ok shade. Phew!



After screaming at the television as we watched the America’s Got Talent results, I opted to head to bed semi early. I am looking forward to getting back to my comfy bed tonight since I know I don’t have to get up at any real time tomorrow. I will also be in a blissful state since the plan is to watch Hot Tub Time Machine tonight! WOO HOO!



There are also Target plans, but Ken and Bobby may hit it up while they are out doing errands today. I think I would be ok with this. I am taking the boys to my folks tonight, but if I can just head straight home after, it would get me one step closer to the movie.



I am just hoping I can make it through today without getting insanely bored. I have gobs of work I could do, but I am feeling less than inspired this morning. Since we have been in project mode at the house, my only desire right now is to continue with the momentum. Luckily, I have 2 days to work on things.



65 years ago we dropped a bomb on Hiroshima. It would change history. The US, for the first time this year, has attended the memorial service for this event. Yet, we have not offered up an apology. I am torn. Here is where I am sure I will piss off the masses, but hear me out. Do countries need to apologize for actions done in the name of war? I understand the idea that no one wants civilians killed in combat. But it is an unfortunate side effect of war.



I suppose there is regret for having used such a horrid weapon on the people of Japan. Then again, from what I can see, there has never been a formal apology from Japan for Pearl Harbor. I reserve the right to be way wrong on that, by the way. Either way, I don’t think they should apologize for that. They were at war with us. They were attacking the enemy. And hell, they did a pretty damn good job sneaking up on us, so I give them kudos!



I guess it just seems like if anything, an apology from a president for a battle that happened before he was even born seems insincere. Obama wasn’t there when the decision was being made. Although he may know all the history, he wasn’t there when the actual decision was made. It is really easy to condemn something when you were not there.



I also saw a story this morning about his ongoing campaign to pardon Billy the Kid. Seriously? Is there nothing else these people could be doing? This is a man long dead, whose legend will live on regardless of any piece of paper saying he wasn’t nearly as bad as we think. Even if he was screwed over by law enforcement, which sounded pretty common in the old west, he still killed a handful of folks before this. He was an outlaw, and that is ok! If he was my relative, I would be proud. Even though he was a bad dude, he was what made the west what it was. Stop wasting time and resources on offering up a pardon to someone who isn’t around to appreciate it. Let’s spend some time making sure current criminals on death row are truly guilty before it is too late. Let’s feed some homeless. Let’s fix up some parks. Let’s make schools better. Let’s clean up the oil spill area. I am just saying there are some things that are more important.



Of course, I am a fine one to talk since I am not really doing anything important. LOL!



I am telling you, I have been sitting here at work, dinking around on iTty for a half an hour.



I feel like I am losing my phone skills. Does that happen? I get flustered too easily with customers lately. I don’t really talk to them as much these days, so maybe that is why. I tend to email everyone. I suppose I should fix that.



Bobby just called me to ask if he and Daddy could go to lunch with me. Yay! So they will be coming in a bit to take me. I am going to post this now since I don’t know how long I will be Yippie!

No comments: