Friday, August 13, 2010

Good Housekeeping

8-13-10




Woo! It was a good, productive day yesterday.



I am driving Ken’s car today and yesterday since he has to drive out to Calabasas, and let’s face it, my car is nicer to drive such a distance. The real problem, though, is Ken’s car is barely fit to drive the 10 minutes to my job. This comes from how much crap Ken keeps in his vehicle. As I drove into work yesterday morning, I was frustrated and annoyed with the garbage. I felt like I was in that Friends episode with the super hot chick in the messy apartment.



The steering wheel cover needs replacing. The windows had been left down, so the steering wheel was damp and felt like goo. I grabbed a t-shirt (yes, there was a shirt in there) to cover the offending texture. The problem was, when I turned, it got caught on the windshield wipers control and I about crashed into the center divider. Luckily, I drive with no one else on the road, so I was ok.



I had contemplated going home to clean house anyway, especially since my parents, who would be watching Bobby all day, were going to bring him to me and this meant they would want to come in and see the hallway and I was embarrassed of the mess. The car pushed me over the line and I knew I had to not only clean house, but clean car.



I left around 7:15, not telling Ken that I was in route. He was gone by the time I got there, and I set to work on making my house sparkle.



It was no easy feat. But I managed to tackle all rooms in the house, even organizing the pantry and bathroom shelf. I went through Ken’s work and desk clutter a bit, making it more manageable while he worked on it. Hopefully this weekend we can get some of that stuff in the garage where it belongs since I want the place clean for Dax’s birthday.



The only thing I didn’t do was Cinderelly style on the floor, but I did put down catnip for the cats so I didn’t want to sweep it up yet.



I made the kids smoothies for snack and my folks liked the hallway. I then ushered the children out to the pool so they could enjoy the last month of summer. Even though it has been a mild summer, we have gotten a lot of use out of the pool, so this is a good thing. I just wish it was a smidge warmer at night so I could go in after the kids were in bed. It sounds like I may get this wish this weekend.



Bobby ended up being put to bed for a tantrum and a half. In the midst of this, his head cracked into my cheek. Ouch. Remind me never to get punched by anyone.



My other spectacular injury was my toenail. It had been broken some time ago, but was being held on nail polish and the remnants of my toe skin. A new nail was growing underneath, so I didn’t remove it as this was protecting it just fine, and it looked prettier. Unfortunately, I caught the nail on something and it ripped off. Ok, not completely off. I had to finish the job, which for the faint at heart, is not fun. I bandaged it was pleased when there was actually minimal blood. But still, it is unfair to have a big bandage on my toe in the prime of open toe shoe season. I tried to put on of my sparkly skull stickers on it, but it just won’t stay. Grrr!



I just realized I really did wear the wrong bottoms for this outfit. I should have worn my light blue jeans. Oh well. What’s done is done.



We ventured into the evil that is Wallmart on Wednesday. We needed to get cat food, and since we were also going to the Payless next to it, I suggested we go in there to see if the prices were worthwhile.



Sadly, they were. I was not impressed with the Wallmart exclusive items, but their pricing on certain things was actually pretty good. I have been against the likes of Wallmart in general, but when your budget it tight, you have to do what you have to do. We will probably go back at some point. Luckily, I have not heard any specific bad things about it recently so I think we are not going to hell just yet.



Why does Luna love this dog toy so much? Or more specifically, why does it please me so much?









I am concerned that the random dirt spots on my shirt this morning are the results of Ken’s car. Not happy making!



I think that this evening is mellow, so this is a good thing. I am looking forward to not having any real responsibility tonight since I took care of chores yesterday. I can sleep in tomorrow and we can really work on the garage to get it good. We can finish putting up some of the wood for the hallway on Sunday afternoon, once Ken gets back from the birthday party he has.



I had a dream last night that included what seemed like the best advertising campaign for Disney ever. I drove down a street and they had put up this image of you driving towards the castle. Next thing you know, you are on Main street, but it is really just this cool water screen. I was so impressed. Can you tell I am jonzing to get back to the magic kingdom?



I also had a dream where some topless broad was swimming in our pool at night and apparently had been doing it for some time. I yelled at her, and she actually had the gall to yell at me saying that I couldn’t kick her out now since she had been doing it for so long. Ken only laughed, which was an unusual reaction for him, so of course I assumed he knew about it and had been swimming with her. I don’t understand the jealous streak, especially since I wasn’t sad or even really pissed at the time. I was more mad at him not telling me then the swimming with some naked chick. Super odd. It may be due to the seemingly overwhelming number of couples I know that are having difficulty in the last week. Perhaps I am just projecting their stuff on my relationship. Not sure.



I might not take off next week now. I might just let Ken hang out with the boys on Tuesday for his birthday bowling, and then still send him to Maria’s on his actual birthday since they usually have a party. I will make cupcakes for him to take. Plus, it will be good guy bonding for my boys to bowl together. My dad will be there, too. So that would be nice. Then maybe I can have Ken bring them to me Tuesday afternoon so I can show them off.



I don’t work but on most of the Mondays in September. I have the 6th off for Labor day, and the following 2 Mondays are start school days. I will be super mommy exhausted. I will have two kids in school, one kid in soccer, one kid still doing half days in daycare, and still be a working mom. How do people do it?



Sabrina may be hanging out with us on Saturday while her folks go to a family party. It might be a fun time to clean out toys since I can let the kids all play with gobs of toys they have not seen in a long time. Perhaps we can even go get the wood needed to raise Bobby’s bed this weekend so we can move Dax’s bed under it. We could then start the move of toys. We will see. I might be taking on too many things at once.



I need to clean off my fridge and cabinets since with school coming up, I will have gobs of new artwork to display! Maybe that will be the décor for the play room. I can frame the really good ones and put them in there. Hmm…



Mmmm….Kevin Smith is on air. YAY!



Woo hoo! The boss just mentioned he is leaving at 12:30. It means my afternoon will be super pleasant. In all actuality, he has not been a pain today, so I think the afternoon will be similar to what it was going to be anyway, but there is always the potential, and with it being gone, woo hoo!

No comments: