Friday, August 20, 2010

On top of the world, looking down on, well, nothing?

8-20-10




Well, Disneyland may not happen on Sunday. Turns out, Ken may have a birthday party to do on Sunday. Not a huge deal, really. We may end up going next week or something. I get off work at a reasonable hour in which we can go for a few hours in the evening.



It was a mellow afternoon for us. I did some cleaning up and the boys ended up going in the pool which was incredibly warm. We also were amused when you add disco ball, sunshine and Luna together.



Tonight is a whirlwind of cleaning, shopping and preparing. Costco, Petco, and perhaps some other locations with co at the end. Thankfully, the “party” tomorrow isn’t super crazy like Bobby’s was. It is way more low key and hopefully just a nice visit with some folks where there also happens to be cake.



Today will probably be a long day. I found myself all wide awake come yesterday afternoon and was looking to rock boats. Said boat rockings may come back to get me wet today.



Fun with music. Just had a conversation with a bunch of coworkers about music. Turns out one of them has a band. She had her music on a cassette, which sparked tons of talk about players and what we all listen to. I was pleased to be able to tell them all that I still have records.



Look, the word retarded is funny. It doesn’t mean we are not sensitive to people who are mentally disabled. Aren’t we all a little mentally disabled? I am ok with being retarded. I am ok with someone calling my autistic brother retarded. People, calm the fuck down, and leave Jennifer Aniston alone.



Ken took both boys out to his class today. I think this was probably a good plan. It means Bobby has a playmate aside from his 13 year old girlfriend (look, his words, not mine) and it means that when I get home, I can work on the house with no distractions (aside from the net, of course) until they get home at about 4:30. This is all kinds of good!



I don’t know if I slept well last night or I am just feeling groovy today. I feel energized and up. It is a nice change. Perhaps my stress levels have decreased again despite the party stress I have.



Now that the decision has been made that iPhones are in our future, I am overly excited. I want it now! Ken went down to the AT&T store and although they didn’t have the ones we are getting in stock (we have decided on the 3Gs since we don’t need the new ones and really, we don’t even need gobs of space since I still have iTty), the assured him that they would call once two came in. Not sure I like that kind of wait time since they don’t really order them. So I took technology into my own hands and looked at Apple’s web site. They can ship in 5 to 7 days. I am now wondering if we could get them in store! My plan, unbeknownst to Ken, is to go by the Apple store today before our errands and see if perhaps they can make my happiness happen right there. I somehow doubt it, but I can hope, right?



BTW-I would like to say, my Blackberry has been wonderful. I have had zero problems with it. Ken has had some problems, but I don’t know that I blame Blackberry.



The boss seems dead set on talking about this one account all day long again. I don’t mind discussing issues, but when said issues are out of our control and being handled, why do I need to still answer dumb questions?



Luna peed 3 times in the house yesterday. Super random, too. We were in reading to the boys, and she hung out with me, being all sweet in there. As we kissed the boys goodnight, she peed! It was so random! We discovered 2 more puddles out in the living room and kitchen. They were mostly water, so we wondered if she just drank too much in the pool. Not sure what the deal was with that. She is normally really good about going to the door or something if she needs to pee. I hope it isn’t anything bad. She had been really good in the house mostly.



Why does eyeliner hurt so much when it ends up in your eyes? Wouldn’t you think they would add something to it since it is applied in a sensitive area?



Oh, the sad void between the end of the Kevin and Bean show and the end of the day. I think it is time to start downloading podcasts.



It is a real shame that wakes happen after a person passes. You hope that they heard all the wonderful things that people remember about them before they died.



I love olive branch comments. The unspoken fight between co-workers in which they are clearly testing one another, calling each other out on typos and procedure. Each one of them is angry about something totally unrelated, but this is an office and although they are friendly in general, there is a clear distain for one another. Then one of them makes peace. It is as if there is a cease fire for the day. It could be something as simple as a compliment about a dress or kudos on an account. The other one can’t be pissy since let’s face it, it would only show weakness. There is a laugh exchanged and insults muttered under their breath and the battles for the day will halt. Look, I am at work all day, what else am I supposed to do with my imagination?



I just described a movie to Stephanie as deep with sap icing. I may be too hyper today.

No comments: