Thursday, July 26, 2012

2 more days

7-26-12


When did I get so geeky?

We watched X-Men First Class last night. I had heard it was good, and I enjoyed the other X-Men flicks, but I had no idea this one would be so amazing. The interaction between Charles and Eric was fantastic for its complexities and how realistic it truly seemed. They have always been an interesting duo in the idea of being friends close enough to be brothers yet are at odds with each other’s values. I love that, and the two actors in this did a great job bringing that to life. Plus, it was easy to see them both turn into the actors that portray them in the other films.



I have to say, seeing Hugh Jackman as Logan telling them to fuck off was pretty strong. And as a side note to that, is there a hotter super hero out there? Holy fuck, he is numtastic as Logan.


My plans this afternoon include making hugs. I have decided to take a couple of my sweatshirts and I am going to spray them with my perfume. I am going to then present these to the boys tomorrow night as hugs from me. This way if they miss me, they can put them on as a giant hug or even just wrap my ‘arms’ around them as a long distance hug. I don’t care if it is cheesy, they will appreciate it.


Even though I think we are pretty much ready to go with the exception of a few minor things that can’t be packed until Saturday morning, I feel like I am not anywhere close to being done. I have a load of last minute laundry I have to do Friday for a pair of shorts Ken is wearing on the plane. I need to put together the miscellaneous bag for the boys tonight. I suppose I am just not used to this whole idea of being gone for this long this far away from home.

I have some AYSO stuff I need to do before we leave, too. Ken is right in his assessment about this not seeming to be as stressful on me as it was in the beginning. I don’t know if I like it, though. I have certainly organized quite a bit on it and made it more my own, but I don’t have any passion for it. I don’t know how important that is, but it seems to me like I need to more interested in how I am helping. I also am starting to wonder how much I am going to need to step in and help Ken in his U8 coordinator duties. He is going to be gone all Saturdays during the season since he will need to be down at the field the whole time. It means the boys and I will be going to games separate. But it also means he is going to be inundated with phone calls and emails and putting out U8 fires. I may be better suited as his assistant.


When I get home from Ireland, I also need to plan a birthday party! It will be in the afternoon since Ken has some kind of training camp that morning (see, I told you his AYSO duties will be full). That is ok, and I need to check with him to see that the Avengers theme is still his hopes. Then I just have to make it happen.





No comments: