Tuesday, July 10, 2012

tooth pain

7-10-12


I forgot my ice!!!!

I know I can drink my water room temperature, but it isn’t nearly as satisfying. Especially since this office is pretty warm. Thankfully I can simply crank up my fans.


I was shocked at just how sore my tooth and jaw were after the dentist adventure yesterday. He only was removing the temporary crown, measuring, and putting back the temp (my new crown will be put on in two weeks). After the numbness wore off, I felt like someone had hit me in the jaw! I am impressed I wasn’t grumpier.

Daniel got in town last night. Not that I know this for sure since I was fast asleep when Ken picked him up at the airport. I will get to visit with him this evening. As of right now, I don’t know if I will be going to the school after work, either. Bobby informed me that Battletech is insanely boring. Dax entertained himself with Lego yesterday, but it is hard to say if they will want to do that today. I may retrieve them and let them swim since it is supposed to be in the 80’s today.

I am being good today and I am wearing my thumb brace. It isn’t super comfy, but it is preventing me from bending it as much, which Andy said will help in the long run. It lets the muscle heal and it keeps me from straining it further. It is a pain when doing some things. I have been wearing it at home, but I keep forgetting it when I go to work. I need to wear it as much as possible. I have noticed my thumb is hurting less when I have used it, so this is I guess a thing I must deal with.


The kittens are certainly making themselves at home. Brianna and Tonks played “kitten in the box” yesterday, which was great fun to watch. Lucy spent time attacking Luna’s tail and running around as if her tail was on fire. It was quite a bit of energy, and the old timers in the house are not so sure what to do with it. Overall, Tonks, despite her game with Brianna yesterday, seems to be the most offended by the new tenants. I am guessing it is because this is her first time dealing with new critters in the Brenan house. Thankfully, everyone else is being pretty civil, and some are even being somewhat friendly.


I am considering my next hair color. I know, don’t panic, I am not about to fuck with it. The hair lady told me pigment was fine, so I may need to use the uber gentle stuff on it for now. The front of my hair is still bright pink, but the back is fading so much it looks more like cotton candy. I don’t mind too much, but I would like it evened out for Ireland. The question is do I search for a gentle brown and do some testing on my hair, or do I keep with my candy land hues and just go with the red I know is gentle? I figure if I go red for now, brown will cover it pretty easily, so I may just keep with funky while I have this short, kicky do.



Quite a bit of soccer ahead of me. I have a board meeting on Thursday. On Saturday, we have what I think is the last registration event. I feel bad that we will end up dragging Daniel down there, but maybe it means he can either help or at the very least, entertain the boys. I guess we will see. We normally ride up there, so perhaps we will just leave the boys at the house with Daniel. Not sure.



No comments: