Wednesday, July 25, 2012

3 more days

7-25-12


All packed!

Although I am starting to wonder if I need another sweatshirt. I looked at the weather report for the next 10 days in Dublin and it is listed as showers the whole time. Of course, I have also read that in general it does rain off and on, but not enough to stress too much. I am guessing I will love this because it will not be hot at all.


I also started looking up the hotels online to just kind of see what they look like. Holy crap, some of them are nice. I know, I should be more excited about the sights around Ireland, but I can still ooh and ahh at the places I stay, right?


 
I am happy that the boys are going to start activities pretty quick into our absence. My mom said they will do something Saturday, and then on Sunday they are meeting up with Grammie at Don Jose’s for lunch. After lunch they will be heading down to San Diego to go to Sea World and the zoo. They come back sometime Wednesday. Dax especially is thrilled about Sea World because he should be able to see a real orca. I am excited for them. It will be fun, plus it will hopefully keep them from getting upset at our absence.


I am hoping to let the boys play in the pool this afternoon. I do have to go up to the store to make a deposit and get a card, but that little bike ride should be short. I know the boys should play in the pool as much as possible. I told them I would go in with them, too, so this seems like a good day.


You would think the critters realize we are leaving. All of them have been a little more desperate for my attention.


The boss is in a tizzy this week what with it being month end. He only realized yesterday that my vacation starts next week. He wants me to do some reporting before I go, but I don’t see that happening, mostly because I don’t feel like it. He forgets most of what he asks of me, and even more of what I do give him. I told him 3 times yesterday the amount of this one payment that came in along with the day it came in. I didn’t tell him because I was bragging. I had to tell him 3 times because he kept asking me. Sigh. It is like dealing with a child, or more realistically, someone with Alzheimer’s.

I am thinking I will need to try and sit down each night on the trip and at least jot down some of the adventures. Recapping 2 weeks will be significantly harder if I try to remember it all after the fact. I think it will be reasonable while I wind down to make some notes. Hell, knowing me I can type up a couple of pages. Of course, I am also hoping that a good chunk of the nights we will be going out. It would seem a shame to not go to some pubs while in Ireland.



No comments: