Friday, July 20, 2012

fuzzy head

7-20-12


I am doped up on a lot of cold meds. Today should be interesting.


As I sunk my teeth into my chicken sandwich, I noted an audible crunch. I assumed it was one of the bones I had missed in the shredded bbq chicken I had made a few nights prior. I swallowed and my tongue did its standard check of the temporary crown that still resided in my mouth. It froze, as did I, when it noticed the chip out of it.


Fuck.

I surveyed the damage blindly, simply running my tongue over the area a few dozen times to look for any source of pain or additional cracks. I found nothing, and sat at my desk dumbfounded, wondering if I could live with this until Monday, when I was supposed to go in to get the brand new crown.

Next thing I know, the entire chunk falls out. Crap. There was no question now; I would need to go into the dentist’s office to get this corrected.



I called them and explained the situation. The receptionist there is fairly new, and seemed in a panic when I told her what had occurred. She started off with telling me I could come in at 4. Then she changed it to 5. Then as she freaked out some more, she finally settled on 2. I didn’t care much. I just knew it was going to be hell.

My throat has continued to deteriorate over this week. My voice, according to Dax, sounds like the robot on the DVD of TMBG ABC’s. I have been coughing up all kinds of ouch, and have been several levels of exhausted. I didn’t think it would be a fun time having to hold my mouth open for any extended period of time with the prospect of a coughing fit looming.


I picked up some cough suppressant on my way to the dentist’s office. I double dosed, hoping it would help me. I was almost there when I noted my phone ringing. It was Ken telling me that they had called him to try to get a hold of me to tell me that in fact they would not be able to see me until closer to 5.

Fuck.

I drove home and proceeded to relax for a bit. I pulled some old animal pictures with the hopes to find baby pictures of Hiro, the recently deceased cat of Brandy and Aaron. He was such a kick ass cat. He was I believe 17 when he passed away this week. I only found one shot of him, along with a few of Velcro, another kitty of theirs. It was a little depressing going through snapshots of so many of my beloved critters past.



It was about 4:15 and I went back down to the dentist’s office. Doctor Weston and I have a good relationship now. We have recently been chatting about the fun that would come from an office in which you could get your teeth cleaned while getting a pedicure and all the while your car was getting its oil changed. Oh, and the dry cleaning would be done there, too. Seriously, we were having way too much fun with this conversation.

I sat down and he tells me good news. My permanent was in! This meant that he didn’t need to put on the temporary. It meant I didn’t have to come back next week, either. He fit it over my tooth stump and it fit perfect. YAY! I was done in 15 minutes. He pointed out that the dentistry gods were smiling on us since it all worked out so well. He was in a hurry since he had an appointment he had to get to, also. Yet, with all of these circumstances, this all worked out quite well.


I got home with enough time to whip up dinner for the family. I also had a drink, which I felt I deserved. Despite the crown replacement taking no time at all, I was sore from all the manipulation. Plus, my body ached from hours of coughing. The Lego gang walked in, looking beat. They were treated to what was probably the best spaghetti sauce I have ever made. I also made the pasta with the tiny shell pasta that Bobby had picked out. It was perfect! Even Bobby enjoyed it!

We decided to treat the boys to ice cream. We drove to Foster’s Freeze and we all had some ice cream yum. We were not the only ones with the idea, but it didn’t matter. It was a good outing all around. We got home and I had to shower the boys, what with all of the sticky that they were now covered in. By 8:30, the boys and I were tucked into bed.


I slept pretty well. It took a bit to get settled, but when I did, I felt good. I know I woke up a handful of times, but I don’t completely know why. Luna I think needed to pee at some point. An alarm went off at some point, too. Who knows.

Tonight, the plan is to go out to dinner with the Lego gang. We have told Dan that he can pick the cuisine, and we would find a place. It sounds like Italian is the choice so far, so I think we will head to Lakewood and eat at East Side Marios. I have eaten there gobs of times, and have been meaning to take Ken there, so this is a good excuse.



After work, though, I am going shopping. I need to get some trip supplies. Ken said he will be hitting up Petco today for some other items we need. I have gobs of time on my side this afternoon since I can’t imagine I will end up meeting up with the family until 6.

Happy making news is that I get to sleep in tomorrow. YAY! Our plans for tomorrow are easy. A possible outing to the piercing place, and other than that, not much of anything. Sunday, we have an AYSO meeting, but other than that, it is free and clear as well. Dan goes home Monday night.

The season finale of Mad Men season 1 was intense. I can see how people keep watching this show. It is quite well done, and the characters are deep. I am impressed, and enjoying season 2 so far. It is a shame that I will have to take a break for a couple weeks on watching it. I won’t have the pleasure of Netflix while in Ireland. Then again, I shouldn’t need it! Hee!

I have had to take the last couple days off from exercise. Even walking to the bathroom has resulted in a coughing fit that makes me want to throw up. I am hoping that with a bit more rest things will get better soon. I wanted to be at my best for the trip. I can’t believe I leave a week from tomorrow.

I was pleasantly surprised when my order from Claire’s showed up yesterday. I got two fuzzy purple purses. The invoice called one causal and one dressy. I am not sure which is which, but I love them both. They will be perfect for outings. I am taking both to Ireland. I figure I am not going to need to carry a whole lot in all of the touring. The color of them both almost makes me want to color my hair purple again.



My hair for now has settled into a cotton candy pink which seems to work with the cut and dark roots. It still looks on purpose, so I am happy. I keep having dreams in which my hair is a rich chocolate brown with this cut. I wish I could do that.

The house next door is officially on the market. We have had people stopping randomly all day yesterday, checking out the place, upsetting the dogs greatly. I don’t look forward to new neighbors, but I also do kind of want someone living there. I saw Margie’s son sitting on the back porch step yesterday, and it made me kind of sad. I wondered how often he had sat there as a boy and I imagined this was all kind of surreal.

I am coasting through the day, feeling slighting drunk on these meds. I hope I make it.

No comments: