Wednesday, July 18, 2012

sicky sick sick sucks

7-18-12


Grumble Grumble. Stupid sick.

The sinus issues were apparently not just a result of too must dust and/or pollen. It appears that I have a bit of a cold at this point. Nothing serious, in the grand scheme of things, but it is certainly taking its toll on me. I couldn’t sleep at all last night. My throat has been a scratchy hell which kept me up much of the night. Plus, my nose alternated between brick and flowing faucet all night. Ken went and got me some NyQuil and better cough drops. Sadly, I would have had to keep a cough drop in all night long to really get rest as it seemed to be the only thing helping.


I do not like being groggy and cranky in the morning.

I ended up sitting around much of yesterday afternoon, watching Mad Men. I did manage to pull clothing for the trip and put it in the suitcase to see what kind of room I have left. I still have to get some accessories, but overall, I am doing well on space. This weekend we will go get some spray paint. Time to decorate the suitcase.


The kittens decided to test science yesterday. They enjoyed checking my pain tolerance by tag teaming on my ankles. They also checked out gravity to see what would win, the glass bottle or the sink. This resulted in only a few slices to my hand. They also wanted to see what would happen when they would attack various members of the household. It was interesting to watch them plan out their pounce and then almost look like they were discussing it afterwards.



The boss has been in a strange place these last two days. He is having a department meeting this morning. It is during my normal workout time, which just means I will for sure not be doing my walk today. I suppose it is for the best as a day off will not kill me. He seems to be under some kind of pressure simply because it is a bad collections month. I hate it when higher ups end up frizzing out a manager into micro-managing demon mode.


It means I need to be proactive and do some reports this morning. Sigh.



No comments: