Tuesday, July 24, 2012

4 more days

7-24-12


The household is back to normal.

Ken took Dan to the airport last night. We spent the last afternoon just hanging out. The boys swam with Anthony, so Dan, Ken and I just chilled. It was nice, and really the best way to spend his last bit of time with us.

I was glad also that he was there simply because from the moment I got in the car to drive home from work until they walked into the house, I was in full on weepy mode. I truly had a hard time with the whole leaving the kids behind thing. I felt like I was just floating around, propelled only by random tears which would kind of wake me up.



Playing hangman with the boys was a great deal of fun. We played on the dry erase board that is hung up. It is a much more challenging game with people who are not as good at the spelling thing. You also have to guess the same letter several times. It was very fun, though. It was nice bonding time.



I managed to get my backpack cleaned out along with my purse so that those carryon items are ready to go. Truly, I have just about everything packed. It means that some housework needs to be done, but other than that, I am ready to go. Well, at least physically speaking.


Today, Ken and Dax have a dental checkup, which is cool since afterward we are going to the newly remodeled McDonald’s play structure after. It is a good reward, and more fun for us before the trip. Plus, Ken is meeting with a soccer guy there to discuss some coaches training, so it will be a good evening all around.



I am still tired. Ken has been up late two nights in a row, and getting up several times in the night for various noises and whatnot. It has kind of kept me up, which in itself is unusual. I don’t tend to be bothered by his insomnia, but I think the same stresses are plaguing us both, so I am more affected right now.


The day we get back will be crazy. Ken has the draft to attend. The boys and I also need to walk up to the school to see what classroom they are in. I am sure it will also be a day of lots of hugs. Poor Ken also has to prep for his training classes he has on Thursday and Friday. It is good I took those days off. It means I can just chill with the boys, which will be very nice.

I had to be the old crotchety neighbor yesterday. NB and his posse were running around the neighborhood and they were running deep into our driveway, behind the cars and into Mike’s garage. I snipped at them through the screen saying it was not a good place to play. I know they hate me, but I will deal with that. I was just happy they didn’t derail the fun the boys and Anthony were having out in the pool.

I suppose at least we can watch the opening ceremonies on Friday night. Ken will be happy about that. It will be a good way to settle in before the trip. A nice distraction from the exhaustive tears I will undoubtedly be shedding. Why must I be such a girl?



No comments: