Friday, July 27, 2012

On vacation

7-27-12


Holy crap, I am leaving tomorrow.

I have it all packed. I even still have a bit of room to put in the last minute items. I packed the boys. I made them hugs. I turned over the soccer checkbook to the commissioner. I showed the critter sitter everything she needed to know. I guess I am ready.



After running several errands yesterday afternoon we got home and I had originally told the boys to put on jammies. I was shocked to note it was still pretty early. So instead I sent them outside to play. As they did their chore of picking up pup poop, I decided to be silly. I stripped down to my skivvies and ran out in the yard and promptly tossed myself into the pool. It was approved with wild laughter and excitement from my boys.



The boys stripped down and they along with Ken came in the pool with me. I even brought in the dogs. It was awesome Brenan fun! It was exhausting, but so much what I needed what with my attempts to not break down sobbing every few minutes.

I need to still do some laundry tonight and finish the straightening of the house, but this should be good distractions from my sad. We will take the boys to my parents’ house around six, and I know I will be a wreck. Thankfully we have those last minute things to attend to, and of course the opening ceremonies.

Aaron comes to pick us up around 6 tomorrow morning. Then we are off to LAX.

After looking at the maps online, it looks like our hotel is only about 30 minutes away from the airport in Dublin. This is cool, since it means we can get checked in pretty quickly. Our next hotel looks to be 2 hours away. The day after that, we travel at least 4 hours. Of course we will be stopping plenty of places in between hotels, but it is interesting to see the distance we are traveling.



Ok, I just found the itinerary online. I am going to go do some research.

I think it needs to be stated how lucky I am. I have my Ken. I have his family. I have my family. I have my boys. As much as I would like my boys to be with me on this trip, I know they will have fun where they are going and I know how fortunate I am to get to take this trip. I must have done something right in my past life.

No comments: