Monday, November 12, 2012

holiday with no holiday

11-12-12


I hate it when everyone else seems to have the day off and I don’t. Grr…

It’s all good. I will manage I am sure.

We almost won on Saturday. Seriously, it was a fantastic game and we were ahead 1-0 at the half. They scored 2 goals pretty quickly, which isn’t a big deal except that Dax was in goal for his second time ever. I was terrified he would break down, but he was shockingly ok with everything. Truly, neither goal were ones that could have been stopped even by our best goalies. They were over his head and it was a great shot each time, too. Even had they been ones he could have stopped, I was just thrilled he didn’t freak out. The whole team once again impressed me with their attitude.

There seemed to be a lot of shopping done this weekend, but it was the restocking kind. Costco run Saturday night was good as I feel again as though I have food to be able to prepare.

Sunday was spent in the morning watching like hawks over the boys playing with NB. It did allow Ken to clean up a lot of the front yard, including the garden area which is now free of debris and weeds. He also managed to replace a sprinkler which was awesome for our one section of dry lawn.

We headed to the park around 1 for the Machado party. Fun was had by all. Kids ran around like crazies, which is always entertaining. All of the kids felt the need to rough up Sean, which is a strange evolution of the rough housing they have done through the years. I am starting to be concerned, though, that Dax is going to really fuck him up some day. I know I always joke that he is strong, but holy crap, kid is crazy strong.

After dinner, Dax randomly stripped down without being asked and was ready for a bath. It was kind of cool, actually. The kids bathed, Ken installed a cat door in their room and over all we all had a productive, yet pretty mellow evening.

I also spent much of the weekend in fear that my dogs bark too much.

Our neighbor who lives behind us, who is truly super sweet and wonderful, came over on Saturday morning. She was telling me about her next door neighbor, the one behind us but over one, and how their dogs bark all day long. One is chained up much of the day and both just seem lonely. These dogs upset Luna greatly as she sits at the wall junction a lot, listening to them and she looks so upset. Ken actually rescued one of them once when they got stuck in a folding chair while chained up.

These dogs have been barking more and more. I am not 100% sure if they are the same ones barking at 2 in the morning as Kathy, our neighbor, said she hasn’t heard them at night. Either way, I have heard them barking. She went over and tried to talk to them about it and the man was a total dick to her, essentially telling her to suck it up. She was not pleased and was hoping she wasn’t the crazy one and was hoping maybe Ken could go and talk to him, too. This is no problem, but then it occurred to me that one of her descriptions of the barking sounded similar to how Luna might bark at someone, specifically right now when we have the new neighbor that she doesn’t know yet. Granted, she mostly barks at squirrels and the like and stops once they run across the line, but still, I worry she is being a nuisance. I asked her, and she said she didn’t even know we had dogs. I don’t know if this means she didn’t realize perhaps the sound comes from our yard, or if ours are actually not bad. Either way, I am freaked out. Every little peep Luna or Lycos made had me on alert. I had them in much of the days, even when they seemed more interested in sitting out in the sun. Ken is going to go talk to Kathy today and hopefully we can figure out what is really going on, and maybe get this guy to unchain his dog.



No comments: