Monday, November 19, 2012

RIP Cole

11-19-12


3 day work week should be a nice thing!

Saturday I spent most of my day at the field. I once again took Ken down in the morning so that we wouldn’t have to take 2 cars. I also usually help in the tear down process. Ken forgot quite a bit of things he needed, and since I was meeting the Assistant RC down at the field a couple hours before our game, I ended up going back not long after I got home the first time to bring everything needed.



It wasn’t too bad. The boys were a little bored at times, but then again, they were able to run around and get energy out. It also was the perfect day to be at a soccer field what with the off and on rain that was coming. I really enjoyed smiling and telling coaches it was game on, despite the bit of moisture in the air. LOL!

I was quite upset when I went on Facebook to find that Cole had passed away. Even though Brandy had said he had seemed worse, part of me just kind of assumed he would bounce back like he had been doing. I called her and I felt bad that I was at the field and at that point really not able to leave.


The game itself started strong. No scores at the half, which meant we were holding our own. We almost had several scores, but we just can’t seem to finish. Second half started with 2 bad calls which resulted in them scoring twice. Sadly, this opened the flood gates and they scored left and right as the team fell apart.

After the game, the boys and I went to Carl’s Jr. for lunch which seems to be a pretty happy making tradition in the making. Just the three of us, hanging out in a booth, chit chatting. Plus, you get some of the best humor from them. Dax was talking about all the seeds on his hamburger bun. I told him that they were sesame seeds. Bobby then points out the line in the middle of the bun and says, “Well, then this must be Sesame Street!”



I could have gone out Saturday night, but opted to say home in case Brandy might want to come chill or go out some place. It was a mellow evening, and much needed.

Sunday we opted to go Hostessing. Yes, with the recent sale of Hostess, we thought it would be fun to go down to the Hostess outlet store and pick up one of everything. You figure you can freeze most of this stuff and I wanted to make sure the boys had a taste of a genuine Hostess product.

We found one of the shops, which was packed when we got there, with a line in the store that pretty much circled the tiny place. It was awesome. There were no Twinkies left, but plenty of other items, which we bought in bulk. Specifically the bread (not Wonder, mind you) since the boys eat so dang many sandwiches it made sense to have lots of bread. Actually, talking with the random folks in the shop was fun. Ken and I took turns wandering the floor, looking for more items that were tucked away in bakers carts. We were finding things for fellow shoppers. We were all laughing at the event. I am telling you, it was probably a silly outing, but it turned out to be really amusing.



I am being sneaky this week. I happen to have in my possession, the homework packets for the week the kids go back to school. Yes, Bobby has a packet of work sheets he has to do for this week, but he doesn’t have things like spelling words or story summaries to write. This means I can have him do that part of the following week’s homework. Those things tend to be done on a separate piece of paper anyway, so it doesn’t mean I am making him do the worksheets. It means he can get way ahead, which is good since that week will be hectic what with multiple doctor visits. Insert evil laugh here.



No comments: