Tuesday, November 20, 2012

nerf madness

11-20-12


What a positively outstanding afternoon!

I got home with the assumption that I would have Bobby do homework. I greeted the boys and told Bobby he had some homework. He looked at me with concern and said, “Wait, what about the stuff I did with Daddy?” Apparently he messed up the rehearsed line of, “Relax, mom, it’s already done!”



This meant my afternoon was not to be filled with the evils of homework stress. Instead, I hung out on the porch for a bit while Ken was installing a drip system for our plants. The boys were playing with Nerf guns. I asked Dax if I could try and he didn’t really want to give up his weapon. I didn’t make an issue of it and quietly excused myself and went and got my own Nerf gun, fully loaded.


This was my weapon of choice. It is freaking awesome


For the next half an hour, the boys and I waged war on one another in the form of little foam bullets flying through the air. Ken joined in and it was an all out battle on the lawn. It was awesome! Their friends came over at this point and joined in.



I then spent some time on AYSO stuff, which wasn’t much. My plan was to prep a deposit and get it to the bank. I had also wanted to do my second walk, so I combined the two. Luna and I set out to the store on foot. It was very pleasant. I was able to listen to a podcast and get some exercise, and Luna was in hog heaven. It took me maybe 40 minutes, which was perfect for what I was aiming for.



Seriously, though, my critters need to figure out some better sleeping places. I feel like I am tiptoeing through a minefield when I get out of bed. Not only do I have to worry about the cats on the bed, but then there are dogs at the side of the bed and other cats on the floor. It is pretty cool to have all of them enjoying our room, but dude!



The kittens seem to like to sleep in the boys’ room. They will still hang out in the house when they go to bed, but then when it is time for sleeping, they go back into their room and curl up on a bed. The other night, Ken went in there to re-tuck in Dax and saw two little kitten heads pop up from on the top bunk where Bobby sleeps. Super awesome!



This is one of those notoriously slow weeks at work. There are a handful of companies that will return calls/emails, but mostly people are either on vacation or just not feeling like work. It can make for long days.



No comments: